• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Current Gaias Hostbots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
those of you can simply understand and install garena and connect through it.

in fact, once it is available in garena, everyone can join the bot. just need to configure garena region setting so you can enter the rooms the bot will be in. All you need is the garena program and warcraft (even fake cdkey)

Level 4
i hate garena i only play when i don't have anything else to, the interface is so gay and the latency in garena is all messed up.

besides, garena is bugged for many people. For example I don't see any games and can't join them. I tried to fix the problem, tried it with several computers, windows versions, reinstalls, routers, etc.
GArena just sucks and is one of the worst programs I've ever seen. And actually no one needs garena, but people who don't have legal cd-keys or people whose internet connection sucks hard.

Last edited:
Level 6
besides, garena is bugged for many people. For example I don't see any games and can't join them. It can't be because of me, tried it with several computers, windows versions, reinstalls, routers, etc.

garena is worse than bnet but your tries are worse. i have played on many different internet cafe, and i can play garena war3 on each of them. It's simple, on each computer you've tested, you are really doing it wrong.

Level 4
garena is worse than bnet but your tries are worse. i have played on many different internet cafe, and i can play garena war3 on each of them. It's simple, on each computer you've tested, you are really doing it wrong.

yes, of course xD I am doing what wrong? Many people got that problem and I'm not a fucking beginner on a computer. Especially I don't fail on such a little program. I would anyway only use garena if I would really have to because of some1's internet or sth, but not if I wouldn't have to, because I just hate such programs. Use the game how it's meant to be used, and not with a shitty program like garena or steam.
Besides, I for sure didn't do anything wrong, because you can't do much wrong with a program like garena, and I'm doing many things with computers, so I will for sure not fail on a program like this.

Level 6
i would like to report this player Xen for teamkilling the whole time simply because people want to farm world mobs instead of going to 3-man d3 run. i think he deserved to be punished from joining the bot.

1st replay : started at 36min mark, teamkilling til the end
2nd replay : 27min mark, he started gaspode so the afk guy died, 44min mark he killed digel and quit the game.

Attachments

• Xen.w3g
    370.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 44min teamkiller Xen.w3g
    318.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Level 13
lol Xen, he can be a dick but he can also be a good player. I'm too lazy to watch those but griefing is pretty bad in any game.

Level 6
a few days after team killing, he now does another annoying thing. He is a real griefer after all.

attached here is a replay for 7 games.

What he did:
it's simple, he joined games hosted on gaiahostbots, let it start after it is full, then leave voluntarily at the very beginning. So, each time he leaves, people decided to rmk, and boom he is there again to ruin another game. He did it on 7 consecutive games. He probably continued but on the 7th time he left, we managed without a need for remake so we continued without him.

Attachments

• Xen Leaver.zip
    920 KB · Views: 76
Level 6
Im curious kevs why do you post all this looking for something special?

for xen?

I mean leavers are everywhere trolls too fags as well there are many bad kinds of people

Level 6
well im asking shapy to do something about it. now that you mention it, how about simply removing him from reserved list.

Level 6
simplely get over it, removing him from reserved list would not allow him to play ever again and that even though he can be really annoying with his leavings and non stop chatting about things people rly dont care.
Still wouldnt be fair to remove him from reserved

Level 6
no i didnt mean it that way. removing from reserved, doesnt mean he cant join anymore. it's just he will now be allowed to kicked via !votekick. So when times he is ruining games, he can be kicked at least.

Level 6
okay i guess i didnt explained well thing is xen is reserved so he can play bcuz b4 he was constantly getting ping kicked all the time bcuz he plays on europe

Level 6
pretty hard for me right now to see whats going on on bot cause im in asia and i dont have that much time for playing.

soul is admin i will let him decide what to do, also there are few other ppl i will admin maybe.

Level 10
I understand why everyone is upset I will continue to monitor the situation. The issue with him killing players in a game is a part of gaias. There are -pvp commands for a reason. Sure it's a dick move, but no one says you are forced to play with Xen. The problem however is since the bot only hosts 3 games at a time it makes it hard to find other games. I have already discussed with him a little bit in game and given him some verbal warnings so hopefully he will stop but if he continues to keep leaving games on the start making the game 'useless' or if he continues to keep killing players with no just reasons let me know and I will take the right course of action.

EDIT: Upon reviewing all of the replays that Kevs submitted and by gathering first hand accounts on Battle.net I have concluded that this is ultimately a fight amongst two players Xen and tot. It appears that Xen and tot originally joined a game together with the intentions of doing a D3 run, however life happens and tot had to afk due to his mom which ultimately ended up wasting about 30minutes of the game. The problem however was they were waiting for tot to do D3 and needed him to heal but rather instead of loading a healer he loaded his monk that needed leeching and refused to load a healer. Xen decided to ultimately PVP him multiple times to retaliate for ruining the D3 run game.

Flash forward a few games it can be concluded that Xen just flat out did not want to play any games with tot so during the loading screen he was disconnecting ruining several 'attempted d3' ruin games.

As it stands it ultimately seems like a problem amongst two players. For a first offense I am going to give you both a verbal warning. I don't want to see anymore leaving games and ruining the host bot, or unnecessary pvp amongst you two. If problems still occur I shall decide upon a proper action.

Ultimately we share this bot guys and since it only hosts three games at a time we have to get along or it ruins the bot for everyone. Don't make me ban people.

EDIT2: For future references any complaints about the bot just send me a private message either here on the forums or online or any of the other bot admins. There is no need that we should cluster the forums with this useless bickering and these complaints should remain private anyways or it just fuels the fire.

Last edited:
Level 10
type /whereis Gaiashostbot

Just so you know though if you made an account on USWest we have a Clan, Clan ORPG the bot hosts there as well and we organize a lot of pre-mades and such

Level 6
quite busy the bot. glad to hear. sorry i cant be really adjust further features in the bot. (like few new admins, ban/add ppl to the list) also the connection to garena and further stuff. the problem is im travelling right now for 1,5 months and i didnt copy warcraft3 properly so its kinda fucked. my brother will visit me in 3 weeks and than i can do all that stuff.

Level 6
the bot will expire in about 1 month. time to get some donations and improvements for the bot. For the donations u can write me a private message. (3 months for the bot + 6 games at the same time will cost about 20 euro. im pretty sure i have to pay the biggest amount but some support would be nice)

there will be few more admins to more controlled games.

furthermore i want to connect battle.net with garena (which is possible) i also want to add more gaming networks but i dont really know how they called and if there are enough gamer. so it would be nice to write down some networks u want to get added to the GaiasHostBot. Also i will increase the number of games which can be hosted at the same time.

I also thougth about a teamspeak server for the community (might we need it for d4 in the future >D) also i would like to speak with some players aswell.

Level 6
bot is hosting games in:

us.east
us.west
europe
asia

garena will connected to the bot soon too

Level 6
I received the first donations. Big thanks to Vestra !

1/3 of the bot for the next 3 months is already secured.

Level 13
I received the first donations. Big thanks to Vestra !

1/3 of the bot for the next 3 months is already secured.

npnp, if people are stingy I can attempt to contribute more. S0ul will probably be keen, just going to straight up put his name forward.

Level 14
I have recently witnessed a strange behaviour of the bot: the game was full and still some people joined which automatically kicked one of the present players. I guess these peoples are reserved on the bot, but it doesnt look fair to me especially since the people who are getting kicked are usually new players.

Comments/explanations please.

Level 6
Well yea the bot has a reserved spot for all people who are in clan orpg in uswest mostly all they need to do to void getting kicked is just join clan orpg but yea is a bit unfair for the new players and besides clan is already maxed with its 100 members

Level 13
That is pretty unfair, maybe reservations should be removed for clan members? If people need certain games set up I'm sure the admins, all three of us, can organise them for players who want to D3/Shade, but allowing new people to fluctuate into the community is extremely important.

Level 10
Well once the bot is allowed to host more than 3 games at a time that won't necessarily become an issue anymore since there will be a wider variety of games to play, plus allowing reserved spots on clan members kind of forces members to join the clan thus allowing the 'inner players' to become bigger and ultimately making the community bigger. Sure a new player can join but if they don't join the clan they probably, realistically, won't stick with Gaias for a very long period of time.

having said that though given the 3 bot hosting limitations atm it can be a double edged sword at times.

Level 13
Still, how many active clan members are still actively playing gaias. Hell, how many are active at all. You might need to filter through that list some time S0ul.

Level 6
definitely i do understand this point. on the other hand it encourages player to join the clan which isnt a big deal at all. furthermore most of the ppl want to do a d3 run and it sucks if u have 4 ppl and 2 new player which is bad for both "groups". one is lacking of dps/heal whatever and the new player have to less people to do d1.

and to be honest i helped many new players doing d1 and stuff but in the end you want to some dungeons aswell.

actually it just works like this. bot hosts game: clanmember joining ... new player get kicked... bot starts ... bot hosts again ... new player can join again.

so no big deal at all in my opinion !

A good idea is to have 2 hostbots, with one bot without any reservations. 1 bot for a the only active gaias clan out there to host games. (give rights to all clanmember to host a game per command) so there wont be any problems at all !

Level 14
actually it just works like this. bot hosts game: clanmember joining ... new player get kicked... bot starts ... bot hosts again ... new player can join again.

Im quite sure most new players dont even understand why they have been kicked. On one hand this discourages them from joining again and on the other hand - if they rejoin - they will find themselves in a complately empty game which isnt very motivating either.

Level 6
of course this might happen but i dont want to discourage veterans from playing this game either so the only way to solve this problem is to get 2 bots. 1 bot for the clan and 1 for the public. This has a problem aswell, separating the player because there are 2 bots running. (it doenst make the clan bigger, and to be honest most of the ppl playing gaias are in this clan, also the public bot wont have that much player at all because most of the time there are just "newbies" in it at these guys arent that often anymore this days)

u admins have the rights to run priv/public games aswell with the bot but therefore the bot has to be in the channel and that doenst happen very often these days either.

Level 10
The clan at the moment is currently at 100/100 members. I've been swamped with work and have had no time to monitor the clan or play Gaias. I've been putting in 7am-9pm days monday/friday. So what I am going to do is dish out a few clan shamans. I am going to leave these shamans in charge of managing the clan when I can not be around to do so. One of the things I would like to see these shamans do is remove clan members who have been inactive in like 40+ days so new members will be allowed to join the clan. You can check who has been active in the clan for how long on the classic.battle.net website.

EDIT: And Shamans please don't abuse this power, I will remove it if it becomes a problem.

Level 13
The clan at the moment is currently at 100/100 members. I've been swamped with work and have had no time to monitor the clan or play Gaias. I've been putting in 7am-9pm days monday/friday. So what I am going to do is dish out a few clan shamans. I am going to leave these shamans in charge of managing the clan when I can not be around to do so. One of the things I would like to see these shamans do is remove clan members who have been inactive in like 40+ days so new members will be allowed to join the clan. You can check who has been active in the clan for how long on the classic.battle.net website.

EDIT: And Shamans please don't abuse this power, I will remove it if it becomes a problem.

Shaman me brah

Status
Not open for further replies.