• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias Host Bots Future

Which option you like ?

• 2nd Bot with autohost

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • 2nd Bot with webpage command

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • none of them, i have a better solution

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello there,
as u might noticed there have been major changes in the host bot. The community hopefully will grow but saidly its harder for ppl to get a group for dungeons. (because there are many new ppl joining all the time)

We do have 2 options:

1. run a second host bot just in special locations (like us.east/us.west/1 garena room). This will be a autohost bot but without downloads.

2. run a second bot in special locations (like us.east/us.west/1garena room). No Downloads and no autohost. Ppl can host their own games. (because there is garena we do have to do it on a webpage like this: http://s4.lunaghost.com/gaias_host.php ) Everybody can actually host their own games but they have to set it up on this page.

Which option do u prefer ?

Shapy

Level 13
Option 1, people being able to make their own games might put pressure on the bot as they're likely do stupid shit.

Is there no way that, instead of setting up a new bot, we can set a thread up here, or some kind of chatroom elsewhere, for setting up endgame runs?

Level 13
Btw Shapy, I think either the votestart is buggered, or something went wrong. Something just happened where there were four people waiting for the game, myself and three others. One person started a votestart, one other voted yes, I did nothing and the fourth person left. After this, the person did another votestart and it said 'One vote remaining'

If there are three people ingame, is it set to two votes to start it? As three player games, in most situations, can be quite shit, especially when I'm one of the players and can't fucking communicate with these people.

I'd suggest allowing only a votestart with at least 3 players in game if all three vote yes, and 3 votes if there are four +, in other words, at least three votes at all times.

If that's already the case then somehow the votes carried over after the other dude left which makes no sense to me.

tyty.

Level 3
Meh why so many with option 1? I do believe the community needs to grow and having a bot that doesn't allow downloads seems to dim it a bit. Some people may try it once or twice and give up without realizing there is a second bot.

Level 13
Truth be told, just rename it something different than 'Gaias Dungeon Group'

Rename it 'Dungeon Runs' or something, people who join will probably get pissed off but that won't hinder the community much, if they come across the appropriately named gaias bot then have at it.

The new 'community' that currently swarms in on gaiashostbot is, to be blunt, fucking frustrating. If they want to make the effort to pop by the clan for more information, then let them, and there, we can provide them with information on the dungeon bot.

Set the clan up on all four realms, manage it with similar people, then people respective to those realms and go from there. Truth be told I don't think the Asia realm will be that interested but hey, we'll see what happens.

Level 6
yeah you guys might right. I dont want to disable the autorefresh but rename the game could be a good idea.

Right now im not to satisfied with the dungeon bot, there are bit to less ppl joining. i always join the normal one and find tons of 25+ player in there.

We will see what the future will bring.

Level 14
Set the clan up on all four realms, manage it with similar people, then people respective to those realms and go from there. Truth be told I don't think the Asia realm will be that interested but hey, we'll see what happens.

Agree, having a clan always makes it easier to help new people by just sending them there (so they can find people, talk to other players etc.). The important part is that there are active people in all clans, just empty channels where you hardly see anyone dont help.
As far as i remember there were clans in East, but i guess they dont exist anymore? :S

On europe we could make clan tux the "official" gaias clan, there are lots of gaias players in this clan anyway. However the name, catchy as it is :p, doesnt really sound like a gaias clan...

Level 13
It would be good if we had representatives for each servers clan, yes. We have some good veterans amongst at least three of the servers, excluding Asia, I'm sure they'd make good Shamans. The Chieftains can either be all linked to S0ulseeker, if we want to give that fool all that responsibility, or we can set up four bots that a variety of people have access too, if thats possible? I'm not an expect on Clan Bots, S0ul would have to provide input here.

It would be handy if it had the same name on all four servers, if thats possible, Clan ORPG. Just so people know exactly where to go all the time. Hell, we could even set up a forum for the clan, shit could get wild guys.

Level 6
i guess zwiebel doenst like the idea of a forum at all. (i pretty sure he said it once) right now this is the offical forum, if we have a 2nd one the community will split.

the same with battle.net i prefer having one big clan instead of plenty, in the end all will play in us.west anyway.

i do announce 1 group in garena and 1 clan in battlenet. if the ppl are to lazy to switch realm or add a group thats their fault.

i guess zwiebel doenst like the idea of a forum at all. (i pretty sure he said it once) right now this is the offical forum, if we have a 2nd one the community will split.
It wasn't only about splitting the community.
Having a dedicated forum consumes time for managing it - which I don't have.

Also, I feel that Hive was always a good platform and I don't feel we need like 50 subforums for a WC3 custom map, even if it gained high popularity, so I don't see any reasons why the forum has to be any bigger or on a dedicated site.

Plus, it makes it easier for people to post messages in the forum, because they only need to register on hive, not yet another dedicated project forum (I always hated registering on different project sites just because I wanted to report a bug). Since Hive is a probably the most popular WC3 community, I think it's a good place for us to be.

Level 13
Alrighty, if this is the forum then that works fine too. As for one big clan, that can't be done due to size, hence why it would be easier for people on certain realms to stick to clans that relate to their own realm. Then, instead, we could have one big Clan thread for Clan ORPG, or whatever clan we all stick to.

Status
Not open for further replies.