• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Current Gaias Hostbots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
sry i duno wht th mean lol! i nver ply on bnet or somthing like grena :(
cus i duno how to get in to thre, i try but it say : eror blah blah.. lol!

Not sure if troll or not o_O but I'll humor you. Bots are programs that auto host the map for players so thy can play the game with other people without hosting and less lag/delay through battle.net

Level 8
and Garena is program that makes virtual lan(local area network) so peoples without working cd-key can play via this program on LAN.

some ppl prefer to play on garena while gaias bots are down.

Level 2
hey, thanks you for gaiashostbot, but there is no way to put an improvement to have more than 2 game in same time ? because a lot of player play gaias :D
if not, nvm, ty again

Level 6
right now i pay 3 € / month for the hostbot and thats just 2 games maximum. i might get 1-2 more games in the next payment i will check how many games the bot really hosts and whether its worth it or not.

Level 6
Random bots from asia are joining the games with names like 1Qw1rryst or random names like that when they join the load screen lasts ages, and in the end u will get droped by them so plz just disconect bot from asia soon as possible

Level 10
Random bots from asia are joining the games with names like 1Qw1rryst or random names like that when they join the load screen lasts ages, and in the end u will get droped by them so plz just disconect bot from asia soon as possible

Yeah...this apparently seems to be a pretty big problem atm. and they are all spoofed for name checks and accepted upon entering the game as well. Can't get any games played anymore since they keep joining. Could it be someone purposely trying to sabotage the hosting for gaias?

EDIT: here's a photo I took in game. As you can see the situation http://imgur.com/H5lJS that game filled up to six players, me being the only one not one of them.

Level 6
thanks for the information i watched these guys for the last games and i looks like the dont want to have gaias hosted on the asia realm.

i removed it now, lets hope we dont have problems in the future.

Level 6
okay probably this didnt worked. they cant join from asia realm anymore now these guys dont have a realm at all. looks like this fight while take a while.

and i wanted to finish the dwarfen interiors :/

Level 10
It would appear as if someone has a grudge against Gaias. If you disabled hosting on Asia realm that did not work. I just checked and I saw two of them in there. Perhaps give out some (limited) admin/mod powers to watch out over the bot and kick these players out of the game if they appear to be persistent?

Level 6
yeah it really looks like that some ppl have a grudge on this rpg. these haters :vw_death: i wont give right to player cause it wont make a difference i tried to ban some of these guys with no effort. i already messaged the hostservice the helped me alot in the last time might the have a solution.

otherwise i will give admin rights to some active player (good that i dont play gaias since 1.0 :D ) and we try to ban all this guys.

Level 13
If banning them all doesn't work, having the ability to kick and remove players to set up teams surely could help.

Level 6
yeah i will see tomorrow whether i have to give admin rights to player or not. My biggest problem is i dont know who is activ and wont abuse the bot, cause i dont play gaias for a while now. You could give me some names just in case !

Level 13
Ha unfortunately I'm barely on the bot either, I'm taking a break from gaias at the moment to play some other stuff. S0ulseeker would be a good choice, ihazdialup is active I believe. Generally people with a good sense of morals, that won't go around abusing their power pointlessly.

Level 6
S0ulseeker is ok....but i mind ihazdialup would abuse

dont know if we need admin if u subscribed this thread

Level 10
I don't really have any grudges against anyone. I consider myself to remain fairly neutral so I'm not the best source for judging who should and should not be an admin, but of active 'veteran' players this is who I seem to see pretty frequently. You can always do some kind of vote or something for potential mods for the bot if you decide to go that route.

liquidshark
egotenks
wowhunter
jfp_lethailty
tsumo
ihazdialup (on occasion)
Xen (I don't think he's particularly an 'old' player but I've been seeing him play a lot, Others might know him better than I)

Like I said whether or not these players would be 'just' I dunno, but I see them fairly consistently playing these days. I may have missed a name or two. I just recently started getting myself active in Gaias again too. I had taken a break for school but I graduated yesterday so I've been slowly working my way back into Gaias over the past week or so.

EDIT: On a side note I've been trying to get a game started and I finally managed to get in a game "Gaias Retaliation #7" I had told players who joined the game that bots were attacking the gaias map and we needed to votekick them out. We managed to start a game with 6 players no 'attack bots' at all after some effort and work but about 3-4minutes into the map I Disconnected regardless. I dunno if the event was tied into the bots or not but I thought I would mention it. If they are attacking the gaias bot even when they aren't in the map itself then it would be irrelevant to give out admins at all

Level 13
Tbh I'm against Tsumo having modding powers. Same with ego but for different reasons, he tends to be quite, ironically, egotistical. liquid is a good choice. Ihaz or wowhunter may abuse for personal reasons. jfp is a more recent player but I'm sure he could handle the jandal.

Level 6
@ Soulseeker
sorry that was my fault i was closing 2 games were the bots stucked into and unfortunately i closed your game aswell i wanted to say sorry but u were offline :vw_unimpressed:

Right now it looks good i banned few more playerbots and closed the games they opened. I hope the attack is over but lets see.

edit: right now it looks like that the ghostbotversion is not up to date, this problem will be solved in less than 1 day ! after that i will add asia again.

Last edited:
Level 6
So did u said u gona relog bot on asia when updated are u sure tats good idea i mean bots might come back if u do

Level 6
So did u said u gona relog bot on asia when updated are u sure tats good idea i mean bots might come back if u do

Everything is fixed now and we didnt have problems with flooding bots in the last 2 days. No worries everything is fine at least for the next weeks.

Level 6
Could you decrease the announce a little.....spam to much ^^

thanks

hey,
thats kinda hard i didnt found any configsetting which increases the time. might somebody else know that. i will look again later but now i have to get a flight.

Level 6
yeah run out of money. i will see what i can do. with 1.2 the change is might higher to get the bot up.

Level 4
Yea I think Soul and I will get the Gaias bot going again once 1.2 gets alot closer to being released.

Level 6
Hostbot: GaiasHostBot
Server: Europe/East/West/Asia
Games hosted: up to 3
Gamenames: Gaias Retaliation #XX

The bot is running for 3 months now. If somebody wanna donate for the upcoming months plz write me a message. (was about 10€ für 3 months)

Hostbot: GaiasHostBot
Server: Europe/East/West/Asia
Games hosted: up to 3
Gamenames: Gaias Retaliation #XX

The bot is running for 3 months now. If somebody wanna donate for the upcoming months plz write me a message. (was about 10€ für 3 months)
Now that was fast! Amazing job as always!

I dont know if you can help here but !votestart command shouldnt be disabled.
can that be changed?
Reason for that is that the bot can only host 2 games at a time. If votestart is enabled, way too few players could play as soon 2 player games will be all over the place.

Level 6
yeah i texted the owner of the hosting bot site might there is a way to host. I cant promise anything

Level 6
So its possible to connect the Hostbot to Garena and co.

I just trying to figure out what gaming networks are out there which have to be added. and i dont have any idea how much are out there. might somebody can tell me the biggest networks.

and dont worry the number of max hosted games will be increased.

Level 6
the problem with southamerica is that most of the ppl speak spanish and barely english which will be difficult for the groups later on.

i will add eurobattle and garena for sure but i dont think that a spanish server is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.