• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cowardice TD - Brief Introduction

Level 4
Cowardice TD

Cowardice TD is a very unique TD experience unlike any other.

What is Cowardice TD all about and what makes it so unique?

Unlike almost all other TDs, in Cowardice TD, your builder is NOT immune from the creeps. In fact, the creeps CHASE after your builder! The objective is to build towers, and then lure or "kite" the creeps near your towers. Your builder is also a hero who gains exp and levels, and learns new defensive skills to help you survive. Since your builder can't attack, you must rely on the towers to kill and provide the exp. The skill factor becomes apparent when you can't be too close to the creeps, because they will kill you...but stay too far away, and you will miss out on exp, and also lose "aggro". You can build a bunker in which to hide your builder when things get too rough, but be warned, your builder receives no exp while inside of the bunker, and cannot leave the bunker until there are no creeps remaining on your field.

You are able to choose one of 12 builders. You first choose a type (Str, Agi or Int) and then choose an Element (Earth, Fire, Air, or Water)...or if you feel adventurous, pick a random category for either, or even both! Each builder will have some unique skills in its arsenal to stay alive!

Wood randomly spawns in random places in your area, and you have a few seconds to grab it before it disappears! Wood is used to purchase certain advanced upgrade and special items. Speaking of items, you are able to build an item shop which sells various items for you to take advantage of. You can also build an armory in which you can change your builder's armor type, to maximize your defense against the creep's particular attack type for the level you are on.

A full custom design has been made of the armor type vs. weapon type table, and it includes custom icons (from WoW). Like some other TDs, armor and weapon types are a key component to the TD, and must be managed in order to help you survive.

Probably the most unique feature of Cowardice TD is that there is no single path for the creeps to follow. The player's area is designed so that there are MULTIPLE possible paths. I have already implemented numerous balanced paths into the map, and depending on the pathing mode chosen, the creeps move differently. Currently, we have 3 pathing modes available: Simple, Normal and Chaos.

-In Simple mode, one path is randomly chosen and used for the whole game. This pathing mode is the one that is most similar to normal TDs.
-In Normal mode, a random path is chosen every round, and all of the creeps walk along that path. This provides some excitement, as you never know which way the creeps might move next!
-In Chaos mode, every CREEP picks a random path and walks it! Now you have creeps walking all over the place, and you have to avoid them! Personally, my favorite mode.

There are MANY more features planned and even implemented already, but they are just too many to mention here...plus, I like to keep some things as a surprise for the actual release

I will post more details soon!

Last edited:
Level 4
Sad to say, but I think this project will just die. I haven't had time or motivation to work on it for quite some time now. And there are just too many small things to take care of that it just doesn't seem worth the effort anymore. Besides, as you can see, there doesn't seem to be much of an interest or demand for it :(

Maybe I can remake it in SC2.

Level 2
Zaraf, taking down your guns cuz' dont have any bullets? Go, have a relax and come back.

Man, the idea of this TD is NEW and INTERESTING. And, you want to make it bleed to death because someone doesn't yell in this thread like in Wc3:WoW? I think you understand - when you will make it, when people will see it, they WILL come here, they WILL like it, they WILL love it!

Making something is a really hard process, when you need to concentrate as much as possible, when you need get out of yourself everything you've got to make something brilliant! Don't make IT to get down. Just make IT living. You'll do it perfectly.

P.S. I can help you with it, but i'm really bad at it (could make something in gui, but dunno).