• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corrupted Lords of Ashenvale v1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
DeathChef presents!

Corrupted Lords of Ashenvale v1.2

Game Story

You have been manipulated by the Reaper from Ashenvale Forest to attempt to betray and take over the World of Warcraft and you where its first target. As the Night Elfs have noticed lately the Lords of Ashenvale have been acting strange so the Night Elfs grew suspicious and know what was going to happen.
The Lords of Ashenvale Forest have finally been fully manipulated and corrupted by the Reaper of Ashenvale and the Night Elfs need to kill you and the other Corrupted Lords to be at peace once again.
Try to survive as long as you can from wave after wave of the Night Elfs to help the Reaper take over the World of Warcraft.
Have fun!

About the Game

In this game you have to survive round after round of what seems like endless amounts of night elf units with each new night elf units or two that gets sent out to kill you and the other lords of ashenvale. The Night elf units are the default units that are originally set in Wc3 but they have been altered into the map.

Features
  • At the start there is a small seriese of dialogs to vote for modes and choose setings.
  • The game also includes a multiboard that tells you your kills during the game, who's playing and the levels of the players Corrupted Lord of Ashenvale(Hero).
  • The game is truly unique and is great fun with a party of people.
  • There are some custom made abilitys made by me specifically made for this games game play.
  • The terrain is built very well for this game so you can have more fun.

These are the latest updates from this vertion.
Note that not many details are listed due to the map being heavily updated.

v1.2
  1. Added 3 new Lords
  2. Summoned units get minus Hit Points per second instead of a set life time.
  3. Changes game story.
  4. Improved the games efficiency.
  5. Added a small choice of music.
  6. Added a special hero choose system
  7. Fixed how the game could not be finished.
  8. Changes the statue in the middle with a Reaper that can be walked under.
  9. Balanced the night elfs spawn rate
  10. The new Lords have a few custom abilities
  11. Fixed all minor terraining errors
  12. Added extra movement speed per agility point.
  13. All the bugs and glitches I know have been fixed.
  14. Much more team work required as because of the new lords.
  15. Added an About in where the Quest log disposed to be.
  16. Fixed that apparent stuck bug on/in the statue as there is no more statue.
  17. Balanced all the units as much as I can without testers.
  18. Changed the Lords scale size to a lower scale.

v1.1
  1. Added a vote at the start of the map for, Difficulty, Night elves sent at once, Trees revive, and Night Elves and Ashenvale Animals alliance.
  2. Balanced out the Corrupted lords Abilitys and strengths.
  3. Balanced out the amount of Night elves able to be sent.
  4. Fixed the mas lag problem and is way more playable now.
  5. You can now observe if you die.
  6. Fixed the Score Board.
  7. Added a proper ending.
  8. Fixed many various minor things.

v1.0
  1. Map uploaded.
Remember that any suggestions, bug, glitch, unbalanced, suggestions, criticism, report would help me out and also may improve my game.
Please do contact me as I will like to hear from you and will also highly apreciate any usefull replay.
Remember if you want to contact me just send me a PM, VM or an email.
Email:[email protected]

All criticism, bug report and
suggestions welcome.:)

Keywords:
Corrupted, Lords, of, Ashenvale, Ancient, v1.2
Contents

Corrupted Lords of Ashenvale v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
15:51, 8th Oct 2015 Shadow Fury: The user requested the thread to be cleaned and resurrected. It is set to needs fix until the user updates it and is sent automatically to the pending section.

M

15:51, 8th Oct 2015
Shadow Fury: The user requested the thread to be cleaned and resurrected. It is set to needs fix until the user updates it and is sent automatically to the pending section.

Level 6
map seems interesting, going to test a single player and give you gameplay feedback :)

EDIT: ok tested, here is what i got :)

The Bad Stuff:
- [High] there is somehow a leak that makes heavy lags, now i suck at triggers, so i didnt check which one, its the trigger or the many corps, please check that out
- [Minor] the buff for treants are not the same pic :p

The Good Stuff:
- the terrain BEAUTIFUL
- new idea :D
- system for killing units are good and new, never seen one like it :)
- and everything els i guess :)

Suggestions:
- different type of the currepted :)
- regrow tree system, i like to camp with my units, so make the trees come back please :D
- and reduce lag :) (remove leaks) :D

Map is awesome:
Rate: 5/5
Rep: 1+
Vote: -

Last edited:
Level 16
Some screenshots will be nice. Also abbilitys should be abilities, difficultys should be difficulties, cereas should be series, i should always be in capitals unless not needed. The introduction could use some punctuation since you're just going to make everyone read it as it is, without any pauses. There may be other typo's or errors but you can contact me for a more closer check on grammar.

Level 10
you should add items and more heros and such cause it gets kinda boring and lags really bad by the time you get to the last level cause there are so many units, like on the last level I was getting about 5 fps xD

Edit the lag might be caused by leaks on the spawn points, make sure you clear leaks, or just a lot of units idk how to fix it if its just a lot of units, besides making less units xD.

Level 30
Map Review

Communityportal.png
storywritingart.gif
Made by DeathChef. A Defense/Survival map were the Night Elves had found out your goal to drink the (holy? corrupted? = unholy) water and must terminate such a plan.

Corrupted Lords of Ashenvale v1.0

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

General:

Gameplay-[5/5]
Note: Were I pronounce your game challenging or a waste of time.

Playability-[5/5]
Note: This part tells me if the game is rather fun and can be played again and again.

Terrain-[5/5]
Note: Were I tell your game's environmental display is either great or terrible.

Managing-[5/5]
Note: This is were I explain the output or outcome quality of the game.

Bug/s
Note: No score, just to tell your map has bugs on it or simply bug-free.

Overall-[20/20]

About My Reputations:

reputation_pos.gif
My complements for the Maker/s of the map's game.

reputation_neg.gif
Were I explain your map needs to get fix or make an improvement of your work.

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
The game was good, but how come you don't have an ending? your game is on a loop and there is no goal for the players to win, mind if you could fix your game dude.

Playability

addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
They just keep coming, and there is nothing in store for the players to survive, just hapless treants and useless channeling spells, please do add more cosmetics for both players and viewers can enjoy your game.

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
So your terrain was the only best thing I had observed so far, but since you hero goal is KOTG, were this dude spams his important skills on trees, please add a tree revival system for players to coupe on such a massive wave of babes and old timers.

Managing

addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
Overall, you still lack more knowledge about a survival map, you must at least make a safe house for players to fall back when all hell breaks loose, special techniques such as bombs, units, items, and the last and most important part of the game, the ending, I mean you must have something in mind to stop this game right? like a boss or a tower or something that can pause those annoying horde.

Bug/s

None

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
7/2067%F

Fail!
194715-albums4489-picture43671.gif

Hope you can do better than before, Goodluck!
happy map-making!

Thanks for the review i needed that :p. Haha didnt expect a 1/5 again but as know that most maps first vertion ever released with only the map maker testing it it is never gona be an instant hit. Thnx again i needed some ideas for the map of how these map types work and will be improved in the far future considering that this map needs alot of work:p. But thanks anyway:D

edit:Map has been updated to v1.1
  1. Added a vote at the start of the map for, Difficualty, Night elves sent at once, Trees revive, and Night Elves and Ashenvale Animals aliance.
  2. Balanced out the Corrupted lords Abilitys and strengths.
  3. Balanced out the amount of Night elves able to be sent.
  4. Fixed the mas lag problem and is way more playable now.
  5. You can now observe if you die.
  6. Fixed the Score Board.
  7. Added a proper ending.
  8. Fixed many various minor things.
Remember that the map is still in its early stage;P

Last edited:
Level 5
Review

First of all, the map is pretty nice...

The Things that i liked:
- Nice Discription: +0,25
- Nice Game modes: (mainly the tree revive) +0,50 - 0,25 (I liked that, but the trees revive instantly, then some treants cannot get out of the trees)
- Terrain: Very common use, but i liked the placing of the trees +2,50

The Bad Things:
- Army Clog: If you play on single mode, the night elves begins to clog the entire map, so you can kill them all, and the map begins to lag, -2,00
- Nearly Useless Treants: The treants are far too weak, their life is very low, and attack is the same, that makes them nearly useless for the corrupted lord, -0,50
- Where is the Fountain?: If you dying you can use the pot, but if you mana ends, you are doomed! you could make the statue in the center restore the mana of the hero more faster, then after some time, disable it. -0,15
- Hyppogryf Riders: You could make something to have the treants attack air targets, that would be very helpfull -0,05

Extra Points:
- Terrain: +0,50
- Abilities: +0,25
- Gameplay: +0,05
- Creeps: +0,40
- Hero: +0,25
- No Bugs: +1,00

Total Points:
0,30 + Extra Points: 2,45

Ultimate Points! (Only for Maps with future :D)]

With some work on it, it will be trully AWESOME :D
and i liked the idea of the map, and the history,
this map has a beutifull future :wink: (+2,00)

Total: 2,75 + 2,00 = 4,75
Reached Awesome level (4/5) so you gain as well a rep point :D
i hope you liked that review...

Very Awesome Map you maked, keep it up!
:ogre_haosis: :thumbs_up: :goblin_yeah: :grin: