• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Contacting Black_Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok it came up with:

Black_Stan has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

So pming is out of the question.
Has anyone got an email address or sumthin?

Last edited:
Level 32
Thanks The Last Istari! With your clue I managed to track down his site.

It's: blackstan.com

[off-topic] DragoonZombie: Dude, please: NEVER post an exact e-mail address (ESPECIALLY other people's) on a public web page. The spam bots (thankfully we currently have none here) will eat them up like candy. Try to disguise addresses however you can, if it's absolutely necessary to post them.

Last edited:
Level 13
Ah crud, I know that's where he shows his "unreleased" moidels (unless if you can find them somewhere.) But now that I take a really deep look, apparently he had created 3 characters I would download the very milisecond I saw them.

Nero (From the upcoming Devil May Cry 4, I have a Dante, but it's absolutley horrid.)

Sophitia and Sueng Mina from the Soul Calibur series.

EDIT: Well, I can't say this is good, I don't know whether that's Japanese, or Chinese, and I'd much rather write to him in his own language, so can someone tell me if that's chinese or japanese?

Level 32
pfft

He removed them ALL from wc3sear to my knowledge by himself. AGES ago. =/
He seems to have done the same thing here. I went through A LOT of trouble to test and approve those models. If he ever resubmits any, I won't bother.

No matter. Those models are HIS intellectual property. If he wants them controlled or available on his site only, it's his prerogative.

[off topic] ~ Thread merged.

Level 2
Black_Stan models gone forever ?

I want to ask whats with Black_Stans models, theyre not for download on hiveworkshop anymore :( . I want mto ask where i can download his models now ? Does he have a downloads on his original site ? if yes....can somone post a link to downloads ?
THX

Level 1
He is a Taiwanian.
(Okay, you can say he is a Taiwanese, or Chinese, sadly it's only a political issue surrounding us, never mind. He speaks Chinese and he can read English.)

By the way, he is hard working in his job,
and have said publicly that he won't talk about War3 anymore.
So, I don't think you can get a good reply.

Here is the fourm I know he appeared last time (about 1~2 weeks ago):
http://bbs.w3n.tw/
and looks like some admin members can easier contact him,
maybe you would like to try.

("註冊" means "register" in chinese,
find a good online translator and good luck.)

Level 9
Black_stan's samurai models.

I'm looking for some of those. The wc3sear.ch model section is no longer accessible and the hive doesn't have those. I tried contacting black_stan but i couldn't find him in the member list. I searched for his name in the forums and found nothing.

I was hoping if anyone has links or could pm me some of his samurai models? Nothing specific. I just need a few of those.

Help is appreciated.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Ahem...

This is better suited in the request section. Moved.

Level 32
Boyoboy.

Do I ever answer this question a lot:
Yes, he seems to have deleted his own models of his own accord.

Yes. the SuperSecretSearchSystem is indeed very helpful. Please use it to learn many answers to many questions...
This subject came up a while back: Contacting Black_Stan

I'll merge this thread to keep all the inquiries in one place. You will have to hit his own site blackstan.com to grab any of his stuff, cheesdude: he doesn't seem to want it made available for download here.

~ Thread merged.

~ Thread merged.

Level 3
Black_Stan's Model Collection

Here is the collection of Black_Stan's hero's which were on wc3sear but are now unable to be found on hive workshop.

NOTE: Black_stan made all this fantastic models
[please remove this thread if this model sharing thread is not allowed]

If you use these models please credit Black_stan

You need WinRAR to extract the models from their zip file.
If you don't have it you can download it HERE: http://www.win-rar.com/

All imported textures have 'textures\' in their file name.

Peace out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I'm not sure what to do, these are very useful as a sticky since many many users request his models all the time, but I'm not sure if he wanted them shared here. I'll have to talk with the staff.

Level 13
Chriz, he submitted them all so why shouldnt we have them ? I for one am totaly getting all these !!

EDIT: or rather i would if i could get a Winrar with all of them together.

Level 32
Yeah, there's a problem all right.

Contacting Black_Stan spells it all out.
He removed them ALL from wc3sear to my knowledge by himself. AGES ago. =/
He seems to have done the same thing here. I went through A LOT of trouble to test and approve those models. If he ever resubmits any, I won't bother.

No matter. Those models are HIS intellectual property. If he wants them controlled or available on his site only, it's his prerogative.
Unless we can get someone that speaks Chinese to convince Black_Stan to allow us to host his stuff here, I think we are going to have to pull them down.

I still have copies of all of them on my HDD from when I downloaded and tested them, however to post them publicly without his consent, in my opinion, constitutes piracy.

It's probably best to just pull them down, Sun~Fire~Song. It's nice to want to share with the community, but I don't believe the author would allow us to do so. I'm sure you will get plenty of PMs asking for copies.

You might consider uploading them to a public FTP server. Someone else already did it at RapidShare

Black_Stan's own site is: http://www.blackstan.com/

Most of the models can be extracted from existing maps anyway.

Last edited:
Level 31
Yeah, there's a problem all right.

Contacting Black_Stan spells it all out.
Unless we can get someone that speaks Chinese to convince Black_Stan to allow us to host his stuff here, I think we are going to have to pull them down.

I still have copies of all of them on my HDD from when I downloaded and tested them, however to post them publicly without his consent, in my opinion, constitutes piracy.

It's probably best to just pull them down, Sun~Fire~Song. It's nice to want to share with the community, but I don't believe the author would allow us to do so. I'm sure you will get plenty of PMs asking for copies.

You might consider uploading them to a public FTP server. Someone else already did it at RapidShare

Black_Stan's own site is: http://www.blackstan.com/

Most of the models can be extracted from existing maps anyway.

Or you could ask me, sense just about every one else dose. Some rumor going arouind about how many I have or somthing. But I really don't mind people asking me.

Level 3
mmkay well i cant speak chinese. sorry bout this. hopefully black_stan will allow the hive to host them one day as they are such a great rescource for map makers.

It's probably best to just remove this thread.

Last edited:
Level 32
It's not necessary to remove the thread, Sun~Fire~Song. I'll just merge it into the existing Black_Stan thread so that we will have a record for him to see if and when he ever shows up again.

It's patently obvious just how many people want his creations.

~ Thread merged.

Level 7
If this post exceeds the site rules just delete it, but I found them all hosted here, and downloaded them while I could

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http://xgm.ru/files.php?fc=2&langpair=ru|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

It says they are made by black_stan, however I don't know if he approved to have them hosted there, I doubt it as the site has alot of WoW exports.

I count a total of 23 models of his there (is that all of them?) They're on the front page

Edit: The read me gives the URL of the site, and its in Chinese I believe, Black_stan could have approved them to be hosted there possibly

Status
Not open for further replies.