• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Collision size problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys, I'm trying to make a building which I've increased the scale of, I cant find pathing size big enough, and no matter what number I change the collision size to, units can still walk through a fair size of outter part of this building.

Also this building is technically a unit, for rotating purposes.

Thanks.

Level 5
Hmmm... I think you could try to restart you World Editor, because some things in the World Editor that is changed has to have the World Editor restarted to function.
So, my suggestion is: Restart your World Editor and see if it works ;D

Level 5
I'm not uploading this anywhere yet untill I've protected it.

So I'll only send it to you personally as long as you promise I can trust you.

Level 5
How do I add pathing blockers in the right place so that they will be created and destroyed with the building? I find that a VERY difficult trigger to make.

Level 16
Seas =)

As baassee already said: You need to change the "Pathing Map" not the "Collision Size".

To put pathing blockers around a building when you increase the size is impossible or very hard to to this.

About the pathing texture - you can create your own texture if there is nothing for you in the editor.

How you do this can you read in my tutorial:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/pathing-everything-about-154558/
[Don't forget to rate it if you read/use it =) ]

Level 18
ripper24 said:
I cant find pathing size big enough, and no matter what number I change the collision size to

Sounds to me like he's tried changing the pathing map, as well as the collision size.

But you said nothing about it having to be dynamic. Besides you cannot create doodads in the trigger editor.

If I were in your situation I would try to find a way to have multiple units lined up, representing a single unit so that the pathing can be additive in whatever direction you want. For example, instead of having 1 wall, say you have 5 walls.

Dr.Boom said:
How you do this can you read in my tutorial:

Hopefully its a good tutorial, I wasn't aware you could make your own pathing maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.