• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map is ignoring Pathing - Collision Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a unit's model set to Forgotten One from the campaign. I've increased its model size and now any unit can walk under it. The below screenshot demonstrates the problem, as you can see archmage literally under the forgotten one.

image.png

The unit is not a structure, so I can't set a pathing map. I've tried all sorts of collision size - from small to large (1024). I've also overriden the gameplay constant to set the collision size bigger than 200.

I've also extracted the model itself from mpq file, added a huge collision sphere but the issue is still there.

image.png

How do you actually adjust the collision size of the unit?

Level 11
If you've maxed the gameplay constant and the collision size in the object editor, I'm pretty sure that's as big as unit collision can get. You may have to use methods like placing pathing blockers to get what you want.

Level 10
One thing that might work is if you check the "is structure" option for it, which i think is right below hit points and what not. Then, go to pathing and set the pathing to like Fortress pathing, something large. Then go back and uncheck the "is structure" thing. I'm going to test it

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Model collision geometry is for "hit collision" which is purely for selection. Non-drag, single click, selection uses model collision geometry to determine what you have pressed. It is collision for the cursor and not in game units.

What you need to do is make the Forgotten One a building (if it is not already) and then give it a bigger pathing texture. If the game does not have a pathing map large enough, you can import a custom one. If the Forgotten One is not already a building, you can create a custom one from a building base, such as the Scout Tower, and then copy across most of the fields.

If you want the Forgotten One to remain a unit and not have a pathing map then you will have to live with this problem. Warcraft III has an upper bound on collision radius (I forget how much, but I think it was ~1 tile or 128 units odd). No unit can have collision larger than this upper bound.

Level 24
You dont have to create a new one though.
Setting Is Building to true completely changes it to a building.
I recently did some tests with units and buildings and stuff and I got buildings to be able to move...
Yea exactly what it sounds like.
Dunno what happened with the pathing map though. It might not rotate with the unit. (Not that that matters in this case.)

Level 10
You dont have to create a new one though.
Setting Is Building to true completely changes it to a building.
I recently did some tests with units and buildings and stuff and I got buildings to be able to move...
Yea exactly what it sounds like.
Dunno what happened with the pathing map though. It might not rotate with the unit. (Not that that matters in this case.)

Once you change it to a building and set the pathing size, you change it back to a unit. The pathing remains even though its a unit now. And yeah the pathing rotates. I did this with a few units in my map

Level 24
Yay for Blizzard.
Doing amazing unintentional stuff :D

In theory, all unit data is on all units.
So having a unit as a hero, then changing it to a normal unit will also copy the hero abilities... I assume. (But it is quite difficult to propery do that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.