• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Manipulating building's pathing map {pathing map and collision}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey Hive.

I'm customising the item-ability "build tiny tower" to create a different unit.
The new unit must have a pathing map to prevent stacking and also low collision yet when I set a pathing map (arcane tower) and collision size to 0 there are still collisions.

How can I make the unit have unbuildable area and no collision??

Level 8
Ok that's great!

Just for future reference, is it only the circle of power that acts this way? What if I needed a larger unbuildable area?

EDIT: Not so great, seems the item ability interferes somehow. The units become stackable i.e. their path is gone.

Level 28
Weird, I've tested it in my map and it worked perfectly.

So I've used the item "Ivory Tower", which has the ability to build a small Scout tower.
I've changed the pathing for the scout tower to "Circle of Power" and the result:
- I can build Scout Towers with the item
- I cannot build multiple Scout Towers at the same spot
- I can walk over those Scout towers.

I have no idea what your problem could be, maybe you've changed te item ability or something?

Normally, if you need a larger build-area, you pick a larger circle of power (medium or large, medium would be like a ziggurat and large like a castle).

Level 8
Aha I found my problem. I have selected placement requires as ground-pathable (usualy buildable) because where these units are built is on unbuildable terrain. This is causing the unit to ignore the 'unbuildable' area.

Conflict :/

I can't build on un-buildable terrain and use building paths at same time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.