• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Collision Size Model Offset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Another crazy find:

I wanted to attach a model to a unit's origin and could not use a special effect because I wanted to be able to scale it independently ingame, so chose a dummy unit instead. Then I wondered why the centering of the two models did not quite perfectly match although the coordinates were the same.

Apparently, a collision size of >= 16 slightly shifts a unit's model to the left bottom. But it's so marginal that you may not notice it unless you have the direct comparison.

See the attached map, press esc to create two units on (256;0) and (-256;0) that object-editor-wise only differ in their collision sizes.

Attachments

• colsizemodeloffset.w3x
    15.4 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.