• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Collision Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi!

I made some flying units with Collision = 0, and Disabled the Collision with triggers once unit enters the map, the thing is they still collide. Is there something i'm missing?

Level 20
So... any way around to fix it?. Maybe making it ground units with added/removed crow form and custom height set?

Level 20
Already tested. I'm not sure if maybe this particular unit is hardcoded or something like that. I tested with every movement type and collision 0 and trigered disabled collision and it still collides (because it's based on a flying unit).

Level 20
OMG This is just so amazing i can't believe it. Flying units have hardcoded collision. The only way to get through it is adding Locust. Neither trigger nor Collision = 0 works.

However, using use ground units (Footman) with add/remove Crow Form, you get Ground unit to fly and not collide, even with triggered enabled collision and Collision > 0.

Level 20
Thanks! I made a mistake thoug, the Object Editor collision takes place amongs units once you move them, but at least that awfull flying unit displacement doesn't happen. There's no need to add/remove crow form, setting the movement type to flying works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.