• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to disable unit collision without stealth effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm looking for a way to disable unit collision completely.

Turning the collision off via the collision native makes the unit being able to "bug" through pathing blockers. It also messes up the AI of units with enabled collision.

Windwalk and permanent stealth do work the way I want, but then the unit gets partially invisible, which looks ugly.
Is there a way to apply those abilities without the stealth transparency?

Is there another method of turning off the collision?
Making the units fly is not an option, as I want them to consider the terrain pathing normally.

Reducing the collision size to 0 doesn't work, as 8 is the minimum collision size.

What happens if you use the trigger action "Animation - Set Color of Unit" and set the alpha to normal, after using windwalk?
Haven't tried that yet, but I assume it will just multiply the alpha value with the current transparency instead of reverting the unit to normal. But I'm gonna check it out!

Try giving your unit "Ghost (visible)" ability. As far as I know, it passively removes collision without affecting color/transparency.
Ah, I didn't know that there's an ability that does that. Awesome! Gonna try it out now.

Ghost is a bit different from Windwalk. Ghosts cannot walk through other units but other units can walk through Ghosts. Windwalkers are both ways.
Can ghosts walk through other ghosts? If yes, then all I need to do is giving every unit the ghost ability and the detector ability at the same time.

Ghost removes the pathing selectively, not add to it, so even ghosts can walk through ghosts. You do not need a detector ability because the Ghost (visible) variant does not add invisibility.
That's even better then! Seems to be the perfect solution I've been looking for. I'll just add ghost to everything and can finally increase the collision size of bigger bosses without fearing people exploiting the pathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.