• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make jump abilities go through units but not other collision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm talking about a typical "jump" ability, where a unit casts a spell, then is moved through the air a certain amount of units every 0.03 seconds or so to simulate motion.

The GUI function to turn collision on/off is useless for this goal, as it turns collision off for everything. I want the unit to pass through enemies as it jumps through the air, not pathing blockers/cliffs/etc.

Ghost (visible) does nothing when the unit is being moved through triggers. I also tried forcing the unit to wind walk to remove collision, with an infinite follow through time, then removing the buff after the jump is done. This will allow the hero to walk through units, but only when ordered to do so manually, not when the hero is moved through triggers. He still gets stuck on units even while wind walking.

Level 39
You can’t disable just unit collision, it’s either all or nothing. The best solution available to you would be to use some pathability check function that ignores units and then only move the unit when it finds the new location to be pathable.

Level 7
I've also tried morphing the unit into a copy of itself with 0 as its collision value with the bear form ability during the duration of the jump just now. This will have the unit go through units sometimes, when it feels like it, and is not at all consistent.

I'm running out of ideas to try, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.