• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Are there any spells that remove collision other than wind walk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
My problem is simple. I have an ability that changes the vertex colouring of a unit to make it become completely invisible (just the colour though, this unit can still be attacked and spelled and such), and it also removes collision from the caster. I used ww as a dummy ability so that I could remove collision, but for some reason I can not set the vertex colouring of the caster while the wind walk is active. As well, when the attacker attacks a unit it breaks the collision anyway, so are there any abilities that remove collision (yes I did look through them, I'm not just lazy)?

If there aren't, is there any way of setting a units collision?

Thx for any help,
Aoen

Level 6
Well now that I think about it, there are some other abilities that I do not know the effects of:
Human - Units - Chaos
Human - Units - Pheonix Morphing (Egg Related)
Human - Units - Sphere
Orc - Units - Chaos (for any of the units)
Undead - Units - Create Corpse
Undead - Units - Frost Breath
Undead - Units - Spider Attack
Night Elf - Units - Sphere (Vengance - Level 1/2/3/4/5/6)
Night Elf - Units - Ultravision
Neutral Hostile - Sleep Always
Neutral Hostile - Spawn Skeleton (Probably Black Arrows) <---- not my
comment :p
Neutral Hostile - Spy

If any of you could tell me what some of these abilities do that would be grat :p.

Level 6
Could you please maybe at least LOOK at the abilities on that site? Only one of my abilities was on there :\. Oh well.

Level 11
Chaos is well written in the tutorial...

Phoenix Morphing morphs the unit with the ability into an other one when it was supposed to die. So that unit can only be killed when the unit is transformed. The transformed unit has a timed life, if it expires, the original unit will reborn.

Sphere adds a special effect to the unit. Every time the unit attacks, the special effect will be destroyed, and then recreated. You can add some nice effects to units with it.

Create corpse is an ability of the undead Meat Wagon. I see you haven't played with the singleplayer WC before...

Frost Breath is an ability of the Undead Frost Wyrm, it's a passive skill, that freezes the building that the unit attacks, and stops all of its activity (like spawning units, or prevents towers from attacking)

Spider attack makes the projectile come back from the target that unit attacked. It's just an effect...

Only the Ultravision upgrade does anything, the ability itself doesn't.. It makes the units to see as far as at day at night.

Sleep always makes the unit to sleep even at day. These units can be awaken by attacking them.

If you kill a unit with Spawn Skeleton's aoutocast on, a skeleton will raise from the corpse on your side.

Spy... I don't know exactly, maybe it's like Fearie Fire...

Level 6
All I did was change the mofel file of Kael, the unit with the sphere ability, and the spheres stopped appearing, how can I give other units sphere abilities?

Level 6
You guys need to pay more attention, this is what I said "All I did was change the mofel file of Kael". The unit IS Kael, I just changed his model file.

Level 6
Aw... So you can't make objects that fly around units with the sphere ability unless they're a building, the Blood Mage, or Vengance?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.