• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with a collision disabling ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have an ability based out of warstomp that causes the caster to temporarily lose collision with units (only one of it's affects), however disabling collision with triggers allows the unit to run over cliffs and past the map bounds, so how do I make my unit lose collision, but ONLY with units (I've considered windwalk, but decided against it because it wouldn't make sense, and it anti-synergizes with the ability), as well some people in the past have told me to use the "ghost" ability for abilities like this, but as far as I've tested, it doesn't remove collision for the unit, but rather removes collision from all units that try to move past you... (unless there's some special kind of field I'm supposed to edit).

Level 3
This is a little off topic to what you ask but why not just give ur unit wind walk as the basic ability and use a trigger to damage the area around him ?

Level 6
Please read the entire topic before posting Final_Nova XD, I never said I wanted the ability to deal damage, nor did I say I needed help with making it deal damage, AS WELL, I explained why I didn't want to use windwalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.