• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cold Wright

A Hero from Alpha and BETA of WCIII. It change time-to-time, so my reply not 100% true. But... It good for me. Some skill of this hero now belong to Lich.

Keywords:
Cold Wright, Alpha, BETA.
Contents

Cold Wright (Model)

Reviews
17:32, 10th Aug 2009 Pyritie: It's good but the attack animations don't really look like it's attacking very strongly.

M

17:32, 10th Aug 2009
Pyritie: It's good but the attack animations don't really look like it's attacking very strongly.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Nice but i am still hoping for the pre beta human knight, the one with the shield and the flail :p, both the ranger and the wraith have been uploaded both of which i was incredible bummed about being dropped in the beta. As for those nice looking knights to be replaced by the old crusader sucked big time :(

Level 9
I do like the wright model itself, I fancy it a lot. That is why I will give it a 5/5
However there is one thing. The blade on the scythe I don't like at all. First of all it is a - Cold Wright so the scythe should atleast have some element of frost in it.
On every picture I have seen of the Cold Wright the blade on the scythe has always been something like this
032qkj.jpg
or this
030svz.jpg
If you look at the concept art the scythe is very much blue.

However its not only the colour of the blade it is also the shape of it.
Because of the shape of the weapon, it makes the attack animation look awful.

Personally I think it should look more like the "Picture Below". But with the red stuff removed and be replaced with some blue/white ice/frost looking thing.
green-scythe-stygian.jpg

Note, this is mearly my opinion of how to improve this model further - it is fine and useful the way it is at the moment. Perhaps you already know all I said but decided to go for a grey colour and odd shape because it reduced the filesize or was easier to create. Anyways - Hope you enjoyed reading and that I wasn't too harsh.

Last edited:
Level 3
Pyritie: It's good but the attack animations don't really look like it's attacking very strongly.

why the hell should it attack strongly?
its a ghost wearing a cloak xD

Level 2
"17:32, 10th Aug 2009
Pyritie: It's good but the attack animations don't really look like it's attacking very strongly. "

That is because he was meant to be a "caster", blizzard would probably have given him a projectile if they finished this model...