• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cohader's JassHelper Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
From time to time we read and experience bugs with using Cohader's JassHelper.
At least it seemed like it, but I do hard to find posts to note them down concretly.

When working on my last project, I myself experienced a, I believe, random bug.
Iirc I had a statement to create a dummy unit at certain coodinates. Each time when trying to compile wish Cohader's JassHelper, the map crashed on saving.
You can imagine how much time I needed to find the source of this bug, and removed respective the line. And voila it worked fine again.
How ever, from then on I switched to Vexorian's version to avoid similar issues.

I had absolutly no idea how to describe the problem, it was a normal dummy unit, a normal statement, and worked perfectly fine on Vexorian's JassHelper.

Forthermore, it seemed "random" for me, because other positions in code, where I created dummy units or so worked just fine, and I could not spot any logical difference.

Sadly I can not provide the exact source code anymore, as it was some months ago, and it was changed.

Intention of this thread is to gather experience with bugs when using Cohader's JassHelper.
I'm sure some of you also worked with it in the past, and if we can, we should determine issues as good as possible and note them down.

I tried to reproduce my own bug in an empty demo map, but it worked fine there. So I fail to see clear relations myself at the moment.

Hope we can work together and find some useful info. :)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yes it felt very nice to try it, was faster. But at some point it wouldn't compile my map and I switched to Vexorian's one.

I can try to find the specific bug this weekend (I have the map on my HDD still).

Edit: So are you in contact with Cohadar or do you have the source code? Or are you just out of interest making this thread

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Yes it felt very nice to try it, was faster. But at some point it wouldn't compile my map and I switched to Vexorian's one.

I can try to find the specific bug this weekend (I have the map on my HDD still).

Edit: So are you in contact with Cohadar or do you have the source code? Or are you just out of interest making this thread

Cohadar's compile faster? praise the lord, I will try to use it.

We want people to encourage to use Vexorian's JH, because of said matters. Though it was useful to have clear facts with it, so we can better explain why we want to avoid Cohader's.
And we can see, "all know it bugs, but noone knows what exactly" seems at the moment, which is why I wanted to have things clarified a bit, if possible.

But no, I'm not it contact with him, or so, I'm, just interested if we could collect or reproduce some bugs based on logics. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.