• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jasshelper incredibly slow on new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
[solved] Jasshelper incredibly slow on new computer

Myladies, Gentlemen,

I recently changed my computer for a poor-powered laptop to a war machine.

I was on Windows Vista, now I'm on Windows 7.

The thing is even if my new CPU is 10x more powerfull in everything than the laptop, I have a problem with Jasshelper from Jass New Gen Pack: when I save any map, even a blank one, JassHelper things run really slowly for a reason I do not understand.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot,

Edit And during Jasshelper saving/compilation, all other programs used on the CPU freeze (they work but I can not select them until Jasslehper finished)

jk2pach

Last edited:
Level 21
I already tested without firewall (windows) and without antivirus (Avast). Nothing changed :(

If you meant execute jasshelper.exe or clijasshelper.exe, it does not work.

I have an error message saying bin\SFmpq.dll is missing.
In C:\W3 Edition\jassnewgenpack5d\jasshelper I have sfmpq.dll
As well in:
C:\W3 Edition\jassnewgenpack5d\bin

Level 21
Just to note, it's also slow to save a map without trigger. Like X4 slower than on my old laptop, (2GO ram with a bad integrated intel chipset 745, 1.83Ghz CPU whereas the new PC gets a I570 quad 2.8Ghz, 4Go ram and a Radeon HD6850).

The loading time of maps through the game itself is really better, but saves through the editor are really slower.

Edit

Oh and I already tried to delete JNPG and to reinstall it, it's the same thing.

Edit 2
The freeze time mostly happens just after actions loading blizzard.j (quite slow, compared to my old laptop). Then freeze. Then when it process textmacros it seems work better, even if it is still slow.

Last edited:
Level 21
Oh and by the way, if more informations are needed, I opened a thread on a computer forum.

It's in French, but the text I entered are globally the same than here. Google translation should be enough anyway.

But it contains Hijackthis and some CPU reports.

And there are the Windows 7 performance reports when I save a map:

global.png

disk.png

cpu_start.png

cpu_end.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The problem came from the program Via HD Audiodeck,

WoW... That is very random for that process to interfear with JassHelper. Never would have guessed something audio related slowed JassHelper. You should probably report this to the makers as they may have a reason (or give a help notice for people in a simlar position to you).

Level 19
Is there a way to edit the resolution in your computer for JNGP or the computer itself? Maybe that should do.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
This was solved months ago, it was some compatibility problem with his sound drivers.

Resolution outside of games should not make a noticable difference if your machine is a gaming computer.
It is known as "desktop resolution" and is fully adjustable. Smaller means less screen area so one generally has it set at the native resolution of the display (maximum resolution without wasting pixels).

Status
Not open for further replies.