• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JassHelper not executing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello, dear Hivers!

I was working on a map with JNGP 2.0.9. But suddenly today when I open & save my map, I noticed that JassHelper was not executed after saving.(So the result was map crashing due to JassHelper not parsed vJass). Here are the things I tried:
  1. Downloaded the latest version from wc3c(Vex's) and replaced executables. No Luck
  2. The folder of JNGP was in Documents so I placed it in sub-directory of wc3. Still no luck
  3. Tried using JNGP official I first used. The same problem.
  4. Tried using WEX to save map with JH. WEX crashed at validating script.
  5. Restarted my pc. Still the problem exists.
So, I'm so much in trouble now. I don't know whether the problem is worldedit or my pc or just a whole of warcraft 3. I'm using JNGP 'coz it supports 1.27b. :)
Also, I think this thread maybe in wrong sub-forum(so mods feel free to move)

EDIT: Manually parsing works and I can test map. But to manually parse everytime I save map.. I think it is the problem with NewGen exe or lua scripts. Still, any help is appreciated! :D

Last edited:
Level 13
You have Net Framework 2.0/3.5/4.0
You must have them all and see if it works.
Hmm, I have installed NF 4.0. Not sure if it woul work when I install older versions. Thanks for advice I'll try.

EDIT: I checked my PC and it already has 3.5(which includes 2.0 and 3.0) and 4.5. I think it's not problem with .net framework.

Last edited:
Level 13
checkout the jngp logs.
the wehack lua scripts are very straightforward, so something else before probably broke or so.
Maybe your anti-virus scanner removed a .dll?
I checked logs folder and didn't see log about wehack and remaining logs file does not seem to include anything about wehack. I got no AVs except Defender(which is disabled). Also it was working perfectly til' today so I think it's not problem with AV..

Status
Not open for further replies.