• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JassHelper Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So I decided to move to vJass, but I don't know how. I read the installation manual and decided to use JassHelper as a stand-alone compiler, moved pJass, sfmpq.dll, Blizzard.j, and common.j to the same folder as the executable, but I don't know how to go any further. Help please, I just want vJass in my maps.

Awaiting eagerly for replies.

Level 21
No, you don't need grimoire at all. Jasshelper is a stand-alone tool.
Jasshelper does not have a GUI because it's a commandline tool. To run it, use:
jasshelper.exe <path_to_common.j> <path_to_blizzard.j> <path_to_map.w3x>

For example:
jasshelper.exe common.j blizzard.j "c:\war3\maps\mymap.w3x"

Additional parameters can be passed such as --debug

If you're still not sure, just download the entire World Edit Newgen package. It includes jasshelper and integrates it into the editor.

No, you don't need grimoire at all. Jasshelper is a stand-alone tool.
Jasshelper does not have a GUI because it's a commandline tool. To run it, use:
jasshelper.exe <path_to_common.j> <path_to_blizzard.j> <path_to_map.w3x>

For example:
jasshelper.exe common.j blizzard.j "c:\war3\maps\mymap.w3x"

Additional parameters can be passed such as --debug

If you're still not sure, just download the entire World Edit Newgen package. It includes jasshelper and integrates it into the editor.

Thats if you want to do it manually. If you want it to run after you save your map you will need grimoire.

Status
Not open for further replies.