• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

JNG Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive noticed there's been quite a few people having problem with the latest JNG, so I guess this isn't anything new but JNG isn't working correctly for me:
1: Jasshelper no longer helpful - Using the last v, Jasshelper was an indispensable tool that was useful. After Downloading the new V, Ive awakened to find a world where Jasshelper just freezes at the sight of a problem and tells me absolutely nothing.

2: Reinventing the Craft reinventing testing maps: I saw someone else has had this problem, but when I try to test the map with Reinventing the Craft on (which seemingly does nothing but screw up testing the game) it starts windowed then crashes 5 seconds later even if start windowed isn't checked. Just unchecking RtC works to fix this but this just seems like an odd mistake on the developers part.

3: Grimex Tile Editor editing absolutely nothing: I had this with the last v of JNG, but the added Tile Editor doesn't seems to work when it comes to editing the tileset since any changes don't show up in the terrain editor.

4: Pipe and Japa: Upon downloading this, my comp promptly quarantied two files, Pipe and Japa. I had the same problem last time but it was only with Japa which was of no use to me anyways. Could the removal of Pipe be whats causing these errors?

Can anyone help with these bugs in the program?

Level 8
Regarding your problem with the tile editor:

Grimex Documentation said:
By clicking on the tile icons you can add/remove it to/from your map. The max is 16 tiles for each map. When you're satisfied with your changes click the ok button to apply them, then close and reopen your map without resaving it, and your new tiles should show up in the terrain palette.

Could it be that you didn't close and reopen the map?

It's normal that Antivirus programs think there's a virus in those files, but there isn't. You should set up an exception for NewGen in your Antivirus tool so that it doesn't quarantine the files.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the other problems, I'm not responsible for the latest version any more....

Level 16
2: Reinventing the Craft reinventing testing maps: I saw someone else has had this problem, but when I try to test the map with Reinventing the Craft on (which seemingly does nothing but screw up testing the game) it starts windowed then crashes 5 seconds later even if start windowed isn't checked. Just unchecking RtC works to fix this but this just seems like an odd mistake on the developers part.

RTC isn't updated to work for the latest patch, that's why it simply goes wrong when you try to use it.

1: Jasshelper no longer helpful - Using the last v, Jasshelper was an indispensable tool that was useful. After Downloading the new V, Ive awakened to find a world where Jasshelper just freezes at the sight of a problem and tells me absolutely nothing.

Jasshelper has worked fine for me in the latest version.

3: Grimex Tile Editor editing absolutely nothing: I had this with the last v of JNG, but the added Tile Editor doesn't seems to work when it comes to editing the tileset since any changes don't show up in the terrain editor.

Unless you forgot to restart WE after changing the tiles, I have no idea of your problem here :|

Status
Not open for further replies.