• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cliff Type Issue(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Heya! First off, let me say: Merry Christmas and a happy new year (though a lil´ late).

Anyway, a problem i've had in the Wc3 World Editor since long ago when i began using it, that i have yet to solve on my own. This is the Cliff Type Issue.

If you, say make an area of tiled walls, and then wish to meld it together with an area of nature and thereby the Dirt Cliff tiles (Looks better). I have so far used bridges, deep water or other means to avoid the problem i will mention, but it would be really interesting to know what causes it, and how to end the problem.

Problem being simply that once Dirt Cliff/ Tile walls get close enough the area around gets messed up. Misplaced tiles of the current cliff type gets all around and is hard to remove....

Thanks in beforehand, sorry for the ranting, and have a good day! :as:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
As far as I can tell this is a problem with the actual editor logic WE uses and a restriction present in it. The actual terrain mesh supports this perfectly if you interact with it at a low level.

Well next to shouting a lot and getting angry with WE until you somehow get it to blend like you want, the only way I know is to directly interact with the .w3e file inside the map and alter it at a low level (outside of normal WE logic).

I have been running various terran experiements using a java .w3e loading and writing script bug unfortunatly it is prety unusable at a large scale (no HCI).

Thus I can assure you mixing cliffs is possible (as you can do it from time to time in normal WE) but it is not easy to do in WE.

Level 4
Thanks for reply and suitable facts/info and help! +rep for you.

And yeah, it's hard but worthwhile. Hopefully if wc4 arrives (With a world editor) it won't have these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.