• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Class-helping Card [Neutral]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
Like for example, Beast cards will greatly help Hunter Deck, while Enrage cards will greatly help Warrior Deck.

What more cards can you suggest to help a class-specific ?

Warrior
Enrage

Hunter
Beast

Warlock
Murloc (drawing Hero Power + Murloc is low-cost)

Paladin
Taunt (they have pretty strong buff)

Rogue
Stealth ?

Druid
???

Priest
???

Shaman
Stealth (I guess you can buy time for Stealth minions until you unleash Bloodlust)

Mage
Spell Damage

If you have anymore to add, please suggest :)

For hunter: generally you'll see a lot of charge units. I almost always see 2 argent commanders in their decks, and usually a charging murloc or wolfrider.

For warlock: demons. I actually use demonfire on my imps or my voidwalkers to get them to decent damage (or even on a pit lord/infernal/doom guard).

Paladin: divine shield units (and yeah, taunts). Generally they are strong on control and maintaining units.

Rogue: low-cost minions and several spells. Usually they are combined with low or 0 cost spells to get crazy combos, and esp. with the gadgetzan auctioneer to get several draws. I faced a rogue where he actually depleted his cards while I still had 15 (15!!) cards left, because of conceal on auctioneer, preparation, and a whole slew of spells. Because of their emphasis on spells, sometimes you'll see people play spellcaster rogues (it is really fun). I did it a few times. Nothing is better than popping down malygos and getting 6 damage fan of knives, and huge eviscerates.

Mage: I'd say enrage as well. Spell damage is good, but getting a worgen or amani berserker out is great. Simply cast your hero power and you're good to go. It can really mess up a game if you can't remove it early.

I know some of these aren't actual 'types' of cards, but whatever. :p

Level 33
For hunter: generally you'll see a lot of charge units. I almost always see 2 argent commanders in their decks, and usually a charging murloc or wolfrider.
I did this build too when I was new to Hearthstone using Hunter deck, and then I realized Beast cards are way more effective in terms of combo-ing with UTH + Starving + Hyena.
But yeah, 2-4 cards of Charge doesn't hurt I think.

For warlock: demons. I actually use demonfire on my imps or my voidwalkers to get them to decent damage (or even on a pit lord/infernal/doom guard).
I don't know, for me, I think Sense Demon helped me many times before when you have shitloads of spells in your hands, but no minions at all.

Rogue: low-cost minions and several spells. Usually they are combined with low or 0 cost spells to get crazy combos, and esp. with the gadgetzan auctioneer to get several draws. I faced a rogue where he actually depleted his cards while I still had 15 (15!!) cards left, because of conceal on auctioneer, preparation, and a whole slew of spells. Because of their emphasis on spells, sometimes you'll see people play spellcaster rogues (it is really fun). I did it a few times. Nothing is better than popping down malygos and getting 6 damage fan of knives, and huge eviscerates.
I never faced a decent rogue before, I mean using Combo as their main theme/elements, always with the Defiant Ring Leader, but most of the Rogue decks I've seen so far emphasize on low-cost deck, yeah, for the combo part I think.

Mage: I'd say enrage as well. Spell damage is good, but getting a worgen or amani berserker out is great. Simply cast your hero power and you're good to go. It can really mess up a game if you can't remove it early.
Ah forgot about the Hero Power able to deal damage to allies minions :)
When you're building Mage Deck, did you even include Spell Damage minions ?
I think it's quite situational, cause` sometimes I put the sometimes I did not.

druid, card draw + board controll.
Board Control minions you mean ?
Like Demolisher, Knife Juggler ?

Or did you mean Card-draw-based minions to help fish out the Spell Cards in to utilize the Board Control mechanics ?

But too many card draw minions will weaken you out in the late game, maybe stop the unit-type at Mana Cost 4 and above ?
Or Auctioneer is the last card-draw based minion, and put strong minions for later cost ?

Ah forgot about the Hero Power able to deal damage to allies minions :)
When you're building Mage Deck, did you even include Spell Damage minions ?
I think it's quite situational, cause` sometimes I put the sometimes I did not.

I actually don't have much +sp in my current deck. I have malygos though, and that drake with the card draw. I can sometimes clear the board on turn 10 with just malygos + arcane missiles :) (8 damage). But otherwise, the spells pretty much do enough damage. Fireball will kill most units if you need to use it defensively. Frostbolt freezes and you can usually just wittle the unit down with hero power or a small minion. I haven't really found a need for too much +sp except maybe for a strong blizzard/flamestrike or for crazy offensive damage. (Malygos + Fireball next turn = 11 damage, hehe. I also did malygos + pyro next turn, for 15 damage :p).

Level 17
I personally don't see a point in charge cards in a hunter deck, you should have rhino for that.
But hey, aggro hunter decks are popular with charge... while having no beasts except for owl, buzzard and timber to abuse UTH which is a build usability of which completely escapes me, but hey.

Mage is ok with Enrage and Taunt cards to control the game until they can direct damage the opponent.
Spell is also great, but the thing is there isn't much past Thalnos and Azure Drake with spell damage that is also very good.
Kobold/Thalnos early game can be good for 2 damage arcane explosions tho.
That being said I have a mage deck with only spellpower cards and spells for that stupid do 40 spells daily quest, surprisingly I win quite often.. with 2x 10 dmg fireball in the opponents face. But it is certainly not a very viable build although if you add extra minions something like Mana wyrm, kobold, dalaran mage, ogre mage, azure drake and a water elemental with the rest of being spells I can see that working very well actually.

Warlock Murloc is obviously very popular but IMO Shaman synergizes with them even better because of rockbitter, windfury, flametongue and bloodlust. That and Shaman has hands down one of the best card draw cards in the game which is the Mana Tide Totem. Actually now that Pagle was nerfed and became very unreliable I'd say it is the best card draw card in the game and ancestral spirit is also great in keeping key murlocs in the game.
Secondly because of Bloodlust shaman also synergizes ok with token builds.

Paladin probably synergizes the best with Divine Shields and Blood Knight, while Priest synergizes well with healing cards and high HP cards to abuse Inner Fire with.

Druid synergizes the best with tokens as in cards that summon other minions either as a battlecry or effects, because of the mass buffs like Power of the Wild and Savage Roar or the super super obnoxious Soul of the Forest and Cenarius.
That's why you want token cards in your deck, things like Violet Teacher, Imp Master and ironically Illidan are good to flood board with then buff with Cenarius or your buffs and ??? profit.

Last edited:
Level 8
Warlock Murloc is obviously very popular but IMO Shaman synergizes with them even better because of rockbitter, windfury, flametongue and bloodlust. That and Shaman has hands down one of the best card draw cards in the game which is the Mana Tide Totem. Actually now that Pagle was nerfed and became very unreliable I'd say it is the best card draw card in the game and ancestral spirit is also great in keeping key murlocs in the game.
Secondly because of Bloodlust shaman also synergizes ok with token builds

You make a good point, but the key reason why Murlock decks tend to be played more often by Warlock than Shaman really boils down to card draw. I know that you mention that Shamans have Mana Tide totem, and I agree that for what it's mana cost, it has insane card draw abilities, but the card being a minion compared to a Hero ability is really what brings it down. As opposed to a Hero ability that can be used at any time, Mana Tide Totem has to first even be found in the deck before it can be played. Secondly, the card being a minion with only 3 life makes it easily silenced or removed. On the other hand, Life Tap has no such restrictions, other than it being limited to only 15 or so draws and costing 2 mana. Although 2 mana can be somewhat limiting in the early game, in Murloc decks where ALL cards are very low cost, it tends to not be too much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.