• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hero's of the Light

Introduction

I'll keep this short and quick.

Hero's of the Light is a new campaign of mine (WIP) which will involve the stories of 4 Hero's banding together to destroy the evil (Sounding Unoriginal isn't it). However, these Hero's will be faced with different puzzels, mini-games, boss fights and other blockades in their path to overcome the darkness which faces them.

The campaign will feature 1-2 hours of gameplay with many different missions and cinematics.
Each hero is specced in their own way, so you will have to master all 4 units to destroy certain, hard-to-kill, evils and overcome some puzzels.
The further into the campaign you go, the harder it gets.

Hero's

Jerry
]Jerry was once a normal soldier, caught up in a battle with an Angry Dwarf and the Undead on his back. It was then that Jerry was told by the Light what his true purpose was, and after escaping the clutches of the Undead, and escaping the jaws of Hell, Jerry was granted his Holy Powers as a Paladin.

Tarnish
Caught, judged and then sentenced to death. Tarnish is a rogue, sneaky and deadly when not being attacked. He was rescued after Jerry received a vision from the Light that this man was innocent, yet that's remained to be proven.

Carewen
Awoken by the Priestess of the Night Elves to defend their kingdom from the newly woken Undead. Carewen is a guardian of Nature, and so has been gifted with Nature's spells, even though he now serves the light. He later gains healing abilities after he receives a blessing from the Light.

Ragesh
The sad story of Ragesh begins when he was, well alive. Killed by the Scourge, Ragesh was reborn as a Death Knight, and quickly rose the ranks of the Undead. With the Lich Kings grasp weakened over Ragesh from a Paladin's sacrifice, Ragesh saw what he had done, and quickly repented his ways. The Light answered and blessed him, but he had touched the dark so much that he was blessed with the powers of Magic and now serves as the parties Mage.

Boss Fights, Puzzels, Mini-games and more

At the start, the Hero's are not together, but as the campaign progresses, more and more mini-games are put into the maps, and you need to work them out and complete them before you can continue.

Boss Fights however don't appear further in, when all 4 of the Hero's are working together, you will need to use all 4 of your Hero's to survive the Boss encounter, and use each individual abilities to destroy the special attacks it does.

Trailer

Now the Campaign is W.I.P at the moment, but its about 20% of the way through, however i decided to release a trailer of it and see what people think :p. If it's liked then I will continue with God's Speed! If it's not... well then theres always the ditch on the side of the road for me.

Update Log

23 December 2010 - Released Trailer!

(Check http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1320233#post1320233 for more information)

Keywords:
Campaign, Hero's, Of, The, Light, Warcraft 3, Duderock101, Thehelper.net, Story, Cinematic, Trailer, Project, WIP
Contents

Cinematic (Map)

Reviews
00:03, 24th Feb 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Author paused project and requested, rejection.

M

00:03, 24th Feb 2011
-Kobas-:
Author paused project and requested, rejection.

Level 9
• Terrain needs tune up to be of cinematic quality

• Several leaks in the cinematic trigger

• This promotes a campaign? It would have to be alot better to be accepted just for that: it should just be attached to your map development thread (if you have one; if not, I advise to create one) as a teaser

• The dialog was handled well, but the quote from the Guardian of Light had a small grammar issue at the beginning

• Needs a title instead of just "cinematic"

• Description is fine

162343-albums4195-picture39653.png

Level 4
• Terrain needs tune up to be of cinematic quality

-Agreed, will Re-do

• Several leaks in the cinematic trigger

-Didn't think i needed to clean them up as the cinematic was only played once so it wouldn't cause that much lag

• This promotes a campaign? It would have to be alot better to be accepted just for that: it should just be attached to your map development thread (if you have one; if not, I advise to create one) as a teaser

-Doing the map development thread over TH.net, decided to put the trailer here for people to notice it on this website.

• The dialog was handled well, but the quote from the Guardian of Light had a small grammar issue at the beginning

-Would change but can't, I didn't make the quote up, if I changed it then the reference of it would be void.

• Needs a title instead of just "cinematic"

• Description is fine