• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Venus cinematic

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This cinematic is about venus and e was powerful human paladin.
in this cinematic after few years he become a farmer ,he informed that the army need him once again. to know the continue of this cinematic please watch it. =D
(i'm sorry about size ,i added song so that is the reson).
hope u like it.

Keywords:
paladin, venus ,legend ,cinematic ,human ,prince.
Contents

Venus cinematic (Map)

Reviews
14:52, 3rd Jun 2009 by bounty hunter2: Mini-mods are clear, Rejected.

M

14:52, 3rd Jun 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Mini-mods are clear, Rejected.

Review
Camera (3/10)
Camera wasn't very good, the whole time it follows the paladin or other units.
Sometimes it moves, but not very smooth.

Music/Sounds
(9/10)
I have to say, it's hard to include warcraft sounds, but you made it, and
it doesn't sound bad. Also the warcraft music fits to your cinematic.
The only thing I disliked was the music at the summoning of Kil'jaeden.

Cinematic/Story (3/5)
Story was okay, at first I wasn't shure, what the cinematic was about.
Your story takes place after the battle of Hyjal.
There were some grammatical errors in your cinematic.
And the battle with Kil'jaeden looks odd, try to fix the battle.

Terrain
(6/10)
Terrain was quite good, but some things didn't look good. For example
the outpost was a cliff, which was raised, that doesn't look good.
And the road to the city looked also odd.

Others (3/5)
I was laughing when I saw the peasant with arthas head. Really nice idea.
But he did an animation, but he hadn't a pickaxe, so the animation looked odd.

My Rating: 3/5 (Useful:smile:)

Tips:
- improve the grammar errors
- work more with cameras, and make them smoother
- small work on terrain
- improve the battle with Venus against Kil'jaeden (make the blink smoother)

Level 31
1) Description - Description at this site was way too lacking and could be improve.

2) Terrain - Terrain show a sign of variety of destructible/doodad usage. But it certainly isn't done at the best.

At some specific point, it show the lack of the usage and the flower and shrub seems to be bigger than those tree. Make the tree size bigger and use more variety of tree type for a forest. Forest does not consists of 1 type of tree only and add a wild lifes.

There is more area that are lacking as well.

3) Camera - The camera have choppy movement and it often freeze whenever there is a conversation. You should make the camera move slowly during a conversation and not to freeze it for about 8 seconds.

It even ran through some destructible/doodad. When Venus change to his armor, the camera once view his leg instead of himself.

4) Sound & Sound Effect - At first, there is a voice all the sudden it no longer available. Sound effect isn't that clear as well.

5) Music - Music choice was very bad, you choose to use orc music for the most suspense part instead of doom/fear music. 4.2mb for a import music that last about 2 minutes? That's definitely not worth it.

6) Animation - Animation isn't at the best, it seems like you do not reset the animation upon use. At specific area, the unit constantly repeat the animation.

7) Special Effect - Special effects seems to be fine and does not overused.

8) Replayability - Replayability values was extremely low. This is because this cinematic was way unpolish. The camera movement was choppy, running through destructible/doodad and have several badly chosen angle. To top up with, it contain a lot of typo errors which certainly kill it's replayability values as well.

Terrain was way too lacking even though you use variety of destructible/doodad, that was because some area use 1-2 destructible/doodad only even though it was forest; you even use blizzard cliff in rather ugly way. It is recommend not to use that cliff by making a multiply layer of it.

The conversation part was boring as well, it was full of chattering with the camera freezing and some of the transmission was too quick to be read at. Music seems to be end suddenly instead of fading out doesn't make it any good either.

Next is the battle scene, the battle scene was the worst part of all especially between Venus and Kel. It was just full of hack and slash and several sfx use. The battle scene show a boring fight that would not exist at this world. The battle show a clear sign of waiting syndrome where a unit would wait until another unit attack or casting spells before it retaliate.

If I am Venus enemy, I would have attack him before he could even cast spells at me. At the scene where Venus cast a spells against a bunch of guards, the guard was standing still like a dummy.

From what I seen, this cinematic was way too lacking and does not been polish before it been release. If this cinematic was judge from user standard, I would said it was 2/5 (Lacking). However, it was 1/5 (Unacceptable) from the staff standard.

What need to be polish?

Terrain, Camera, Animation, Description, Music, Sound & Sound Effect.

Most important of all, the battle scene to be rework. You should not use wait action for cinematic if you are planning to add battle scene. Battle cinematic require precise timing in order for everything to work perfectly.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/cinematic-system-129214/

You can use this precise timing cinematic system I create if you are planning to make any battle cinematic in the future. Wait action are sucks for battle cinematic.

I would rate it according to staff standard. As for now 1/5 (Unacceptable).

Level 1
1.......Check the Grammar of the loading screen description. Also you need to take care of grammar & spellings in the dialogues.
2......You wrote that Venus will try to stop the demon on the loading screen. This took out the whole suspense.
3.......When I am fighting the Abomination I see Mushrooms growing in Air.
4.......You are using only one kind of tree in the map. Try using different or try to scale the existing ones.
5.......The dialogues stay for more time than needed on the screen. Venus started moving away but still the dialogues were present. Same thing happened at almost every place in the cineamtic.
6........There is no background music present in the cinematic. You should palce that. It helps in keeping the interest. The sounds aren't fitting.
7........When the captain called Ashley then his face was positioned in the direction where she came & not towards the place from where she came. Improve this.
8........The dialogue with Lord Smith was too fast. I couldn't read them fully.
9.........Showing all the soldiers coming out of the cave wasn't a good idea. Also their movement wasn't good.
10.........So the forest didn't contain wildlife. How come?
11..........Ashley & Venus were standing directly in front of the undead & were quite near but the undead didn't see them. This isn't natural.
12.......The motion of Ashley & Venus towards the undead isn't smooth. The were bumping into each other.
13.........Venus & Ashley came to the undead & stood near them & undead let them come near. Try to improve this.
14........Venus's casting time is large. In that time undead could attack easily. Make it shorter or something else to make it look better.
15........The fight between Venus & K'ljaden wasn't good. The teleportation in the beginning by Venus didn't look good. What was the purpose of teleporting to different places like that?
16........For description refer to this : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...portance-of-a-description-127031/#post1117301 It will explain how to make the description at hive better.
17.......The suspense left isn't enough to make a person wait for the next part.

1/5 for current quality.
Improve this. When you have a new version go here to get some feedback before you update in here.
Hope I see an improved version.
Good Luck.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Who would keep armour outside of a building in the open for anyone to steal?
How did the dreadlord know he was a peasant?
Why did they send two people in a front attack!?
No background story, no character development.
Basically it's a Warcraft III story rip.
Supposedly Kil'jaeden dying meant the Lich King was free to control Venus.
1.5/5.
Also, Nightwish does not fit to Warcraft.