• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chinese Soldier

Chinese Soldier by me

-Custom Animation
-Portrait and Portrait Talk
-Team Color
-Here comes the Chinese :p

Will Make Swordman and Archer in Future

Changelog:
-Improved Walk, Stand and Death Animation
-Untick the Non-Looping For portrait
-Added Attachment Point
-Removed Walk Defend
-added Attack 2

-Fixed Something I forgotten to fix in the Decay Anim
-Fixed a lil Stuff on Decay Anim

Keywords:
chinese, china, gunpowder, spear, spearman, army, footman, lance, mandarin, dragon,
Contents

Chinese Soldier (Model)

Reviews
08:40, 25th Apr 2015 Misha: Okay, the guy looks awesome and works well, but.. not only the animations are pretty robotic, but he is missing every single attachment point (origin, overhead, hand left/right, foot left/right, weapon) Portrait talk...

M

08:40, 25th Apr 2015
Misha: Okay, the guy looks awesome and works well, but.. not only the animations are pretty robotic, but he is missing every single attachment point (origin, overhead, hand left/right, foot left/right, weapon) Portrait talk animation should be looping so he doesn't abruptly stop talking while the unit quote is still playing

alright, everything lookin' good, there's room for more improvement, but it works and looks good ingame.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Very good. Can't wait to see more :)

Level 12
Woah awesome! :D seems like you've been REALLY busy. The animations need to be smoother though. Polish them up a little?
The anims kinda gives me a wrong vibe. Like they're forced. Maybe just smoothen them out and try making them look more natural :)

Level 42
Woah awesome! :D seems like you've been REALLY busy. The animations need to be smoother though. Polish them up a little?
The anims kinda gives me a wrong vibe. Like they're forced. Maybe just smoothen them out and try making them look more natural :)

That sounds sarcastic o_O
Well i cant focus on other stuff without this done, it keep bothering me. Its like keep poking me

Edit: ohh? Hmm.. I will try fix those.. Not gonna be too soon to fix it though

Level 12
You could make up a pack once you've uploaded several more asian units. Maybe an archer too? and a samurai riding a horse.

Edit: one more thing, maybe you could change the shape of the hands? they look like you just attached balls to it :p but overall, I like your mesh. Maybe make the skirt thing a bit higher too so you can animate easily.

This is really, really nice! Useful model, you are getting good at this!

The animations need some more work though. The stand animation looks like he is being repeatedly punched in the stomach. It is just too fast and doesn't look relaxed. The walk animation also looks very stiff - walking is more than just swinging your legs back and forth. There should also be a vertical motion, where he is at the highest point in the middle of the step (where the standing leg is straight below him), and at the lowest point where the front foot has just touched the ground and is stretched out. A good idea is to watch this video, and study the way his legs move.

Level 42
This is really, really nice! Useful model, you are getting good at this!

The animations need some more work though. The stand animation looks like he is being repeatedly punched in the stomach. It is just too fast and doesn't look relaxed. The walk animation also looks very stiff - walking is more than just swinging your legs back and forth. There should also be a vertical motion, where he is at the highest point in the middle of the step (where the standing leg is straight below him), and at the lowest point where the front foot has just touched the ground and is stretched out. A good idea is to watch this video, and study the way his legs move.

Well lazy to quote evryone
I will work on those

@infernaltaker
Well other than that thrusing, what kind of attack anim you would like to have?

@hardtime : i had no idea what kind of hand wanna add, i mean if i add a detailed hand it would be too much for warcraft also, i plan to add archer and others as well, just wait xd

Level 21
This is very good!You just keep getting better and better.
Nice job and keep up the good work,I'm looking forward to seeing more from you

@infernaltaker
Well other than that thrusing, what kind of attack anim you would like to have?

It's Tater! Like a potato.

Anyway, just a different type of thrust; there are different ways to thrust a spear, so he could thrust it different ways each time. Like your typical forward thrust, or an overhand thrust, underhand thrust, etc.

Level 15
really nice. Animation is funny but hey, this is Warcraft, not 60fps expensive game. i already tried to make more realistic animation and it become stupid comparing to other unit. warcraft need epic animation that can be easily visible by players imo.
maybe add some more variation to attack should done it. have fun with it :)

Level 42
really nice. Animation is funny but hey, this is Warcraft, not 60fps expensive game. i already tried to make more realistic animation and it become stupid comparing to other unit. warcraft need epic animation that can be easily visible by players imo.
maybe add some more variation to attack should done it. have fun with it :)

Im pretty sure his animation is screwed up, I will remake it XD

Dont Worry, I don't even know what kind of armor is that, I just made it XD

Is the Anim still robotic?

I'd look robotic too if I was wearing a Blacksmith.:ogre_hurrhurr:

But I really like the attack animation. It just needs to have at least one more variation of it. It can be the same type of thrust, but just vary the movement a bit so he's not moving the exact same way every time. Your attack animation has many complex movements in it, which, with multiple attack animations, would look alive and really awesome, but with repeating the same animation the exact same way every time with so many movements involved, it does indeed look robotic. You should also try to make the thrust's speartip hit a bit closer to center. If he's attacking a slender target, he will completely miss every time, and it will look weird.

Level 42
I'd look robotic too if I was wearing a Blacksmith.:ogre_hurrhurr:

But I really like the attack animation. It just needs to have at least one more variation of it. It can be the same type of thrust, but just vary the movement a bit so he's not moving the exact same way every time. Your attack animation has many complex movements in it, which, with multiple attack animations, would look alive and really awesome, but with repeating the same animation the exact same way every time with so many movements involved, it does indeed look robotic. You should also try to make the thrust's speartip hit a bit closer to center. If he's attacking a slender target, he will completely miss every time, and it will look weird.

I will make it if i have extra free time... As animating the attack animation somehow takes extra time for me, because of the footwork
So... I will make one, but not that soon

I will make it if i have extra free time... As animating the attack animation somehow takes extra time for me, because of the footwork
So... I will make one, but not that soon

It doesn't have to be a completely different animation. It can be the same animation, but with all of the movements being slightly different so that he's not moving the exact same way; the second animation might be a bit faster and straighter, but the same otherwise, just so he's not thrusting the exact same way every time. The footwork can stay the same (alter the values just a tiny bit just so he's not walking the exact same way to the nearest tenth of a millimeter at the exact same point in time, but you don't need to actually redesign it).

Level 42
It doesn't have to be a completely different animation. It can be the same animation, but with all of the movements being slightly different so that he's not moving the exact same way; the second animation might be a bit faster and straighter, but the same otherwise, just so he's not thrusting the exact same way every time. The footwork can stay the same (alter the values just a tiny bit just so he's not walking the exact same way to the nearest tenth of a millimeter at the exact same point in time, but you don't need to actually redesign it).

I will make the Second Attack Once someone Duplicate my Anim for me (I requested in Simple Model Workshop)

Lazy to Duplicate myself :p