1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Chinese Soldier

Submitted by Hayate
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Chinese Soldier by me

-Custom Animation
-Portrait and Portrait Talk
-Team Color
-Here comes the Chinese :p

Will Make Swordman and Archer in Future

Changelog:
-Improved Walk, Stand and Death Animation
-Untick the Non-Looping For portrait
-Added Attachment Point
-Removed Walk Defend
-added Attack 2

-Fixed Something I forgotten to fix in the Decay Anim
-Fixed a lil Stuff on Decay Anim

Keywords:
chinese, china, gunpowder, spear, spearman, army, footman, lance, mandarin, dragon,
Contents

Chinese Soldier (Model)

Reviews
08:40, 25th Apr 2015 Misha: Okay, the guy looks awesome and works well, but.. not only the animations are pretty robotic, but he is missing every single attachment point (origin, overhead, hand left/right, foot left/right, weapon) Portrait talk...
  1. 08:40, 25th Apr 2015
    Misha: Okay, the guy looks awesome and works well, but.. not only the animations are pretty robotic, but he is missing every single attachment point (origin, overhead, hand left/right, foot left/right, weapon) Portrait talk animation should be looping so he doesn't abruptly stop talking while the unit quote is still playing

alright, everything lookin' good, there's room for more improvement, but it works and looks good ingame.

2. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Reserved

Edit: The model is Larger than usual unit, you might wanna resize it in Object editor

The Red color thing in the viewer is white, im not sure why, but in my Magos is red XD not sure in game, Tested it but i didn't notice it XD

3. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    WoW, the soldiers of the Chinese Legends! Awesome!

4. Very good. Can't wait to see more :)

5. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Will love to have a version where he runs while holding the spear like on the "Walk Defend" animation.

6. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    With the Armor thing that cover his lower part, It's hard to make run animation for me :O

7. KAIL333XZ

KAIL333XZ

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That's nice! Now I really like the mesh! ;)

8. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woah awesome! :D seems like you've been REALLY busy. The animations need to be smoother though. Polish them up a little?
    The anims kinda gives me a wrong vibe. Like they're forced. Maybe just smoothen them out and try making them look more natural :)

9. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That sounds sarcastic o_O
    Well i cant focus on other stuff without this done, it keep bothering me. Its like keep poking me

Edit: ohh? Hmm.. I will try fix those.. Not gonna be too soon to fix it though

10. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    You could make up a pack once you've uploaded several more asian units. Maybe an archer too? and a samurai riding a horse.

Edit: one more thing, maybe you could change the shape of the hands? they look like you just attached balls to it :p but overall, I like your mesh. Maybe make the skirt thing a bit higher too so you can animate easily.

11. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah very nice! Great work, keep it up, and God Bless!

12. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks good, incredible file size for its quality, this is a perfect standard unit to import into maps. I like the animations, but you should really create at least a second attack variation so it isn't so repetitive and mechanical.

4/5 for now.

13. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is really, really nice! Useful model, you are getting good at this!

The animations need some more work though. The stand animation looks like he is being repeatedly punched in the stomach. It is just too fast and doesn't look relaxed. The walk animation also looks very stiff - walking is more than just swinging your legs back and forth. There should also be a vertical motion, where he is at the highest point in the middle of the step (where the standing leg is straight below him), and at the lowest point where the front foot has just touched the ground and is stretched out. A good idea is to watch this video, and study the way his legs move.

14. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well lazy to quote evryone
    I will work on those

@infernaltaker
    Well other than that thrusing, what kind of attack anim you would like to have?

@hardtime : i had no idea what kind of hand wanna add, i mean if i add a detailed hand it would be too much for warcraft also, i plan to add archer and others as well, just wait xd

15. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is very good!You just keep getting better and better.
    Nice job and keep up the good work,I'm looking forward to seeing more from you

16. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's Tater! Like a potato.

Anyway, just a different type of thrust; there are different ways to thrust a spear, so he could thrust it different ways each time. Like your typical forward thrust, or an overhand thrust, underhand thrust, etc.

17. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ok, I will do it when i have time XD

18. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You'r becoming better and better, Hayate. Keep it up, as usual, nice use of textures. :D 5/5 from me. :)

19. jonbon29

jonbon29

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice soldiers, I really like the TC armors.