• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chemical Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi guys, i got a problem with a transform ability, chemical rage. i selected my normal unity and the alternate unit, but what happens if i activate the ability: he transforms to the normal unit (so nothing happens) and after the duration, where he should transform back, he is transforming into the alternate. dont know how to fix that.
thanks for help

Level 20
Why don't you swap the values? Use the alternate on the supposed default, and the default unit on the supposed alternate.

Level 17
Why don't you swap the values? Use the alternate on the supposed default, and the default unit on the supposed alternate.
i did that, it works fine, but theres one bug. if the unit is created or spawned, it will automatically activate the ability. dont know why. i cant post triggers and screenshots aren necessary. ill explain it again:
i wanna use a transform ability for a custom unit (like chemical rage or metamorphosis...)
i made an alternate unit (the unit it transforms to) but it doesnt work. if i cast the ability, nothing happens first and after the transform duration, it swaps to the alternate unit

Level 7
Was going to start a thread but then I saw this one...

GIMLI, I was JUST having a very similar issue too today. Mine is an ability that in theory morphs a unit into a Chaos-type version of itself. But for some reason, upon casting the ability, the "normal" unit doesn't change its tinting color (since I don't have models to match, I use the alternate unit looks the same but with a redder tinting), even though the rest of the Art applies normally: a few hand attachments, an 'Art - Caster' effect, etc.

Only when the transformation wears off, the unit changes its tinting color; and from then on every time they cast the ability, the reddened version becomes the normal unit while the untinted one has the Chaos-type damage and uses the PitLord sound set, etc.

Is this really due to some bug rooted in morph-based abilities themselves or is it something else? I'm using a custom version of Metamorphosis.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found the solution. Turns out that tinting is always messed up whenever a morphing ability is involved, even in non-custom units. Had to resort to triggers to produce the desired effect.

Attachments

• data.png
    data.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 21
GIMLI, I was JUST having a very similar issue too today. Mine is an ability that in theory morphs a unit into a Chaos-type version of itself. But for some reason, upon casting the ability, the "normal" unit doesn't change its tinting color (since I don't have models to match, I use the alternate unit looks the same but with a redder tinting), even though the rest of the Art applies normally: a few hand attachments, an 'Art - Caster' effect, etc.

Only when the transformation wears off, the unit changes its tinting color; and from then on every time they cast the ability, the reddened version becomes the normal unit while the untinted one has the Chaos-type damage and uses the PitLord sound set, etc.

Is this really due to some bug rooted in morph-based abilities themselves or is it something else? I'm using a custom version of Metamorphosis.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found the solution. Turns out that tinting is always messed up whenever a morphing ability is involved, even in non-custom units. Had to resort to triggers to produce the desired effect.

I've also had the tinting issue.
It seems to be an actual bug, since the tinting color is always changed to what the previous unit should be.
This issue also exists with upgrading(like scout tower to watch tower, but with units).

Status
Not open for further replies.