1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Chasing the Dawn

Submitted by Elf_Lord
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

The voice whispered: "Come to me."

Considering that I have never seen a Scarlet Crusade campaign done before (at least not a finished one), I thought I might give it a shot, give back something to this community I've been a part of longer than I like to think about. I have done my best to keep the campaign as canon as possible, but as it turns out keeping it completely canon makes for a rather boring campaign, so I have taken some liberties, mostly regarding locations. The narration you will hear in the campaign comes straight from Abbendis's diary in World of Warcraft... almost.

(For anyone who's interested: The Diary of High General Abbendis)

Again, I have had to make some changes, especially early on, to condense some of the more boring parts and to expand its scope in some areas so I could make more missions out of it (originally, I would only have been able to make two or three missions in Lordaeron; the plan is five at the moment). I am aware that the file will probably be enormous, and once everything's finalized, I will try to create a lighter version for those of you who do not want to deal with this campaign's monstrous size, but for now it's better for me to work in the full version.

My screenshots are all outdated at the moment. Once I have time to do a full playthrough where I'm not starting and stopping to troubleshoot I will post a set. In the meantime, the old screenshots can be found on the Chasing the Dawn campaign thread, and I have videos in Related Media that show some aspects of gameplay.

Latest Patch: 1.04 (Patch notes found on this document)
Chasing the Dawn Patch Notes

[​IMG]
Story

The kingdom of Lordaeron is in ruins. The Undead Scourge, with the former Prince Arthas at its head, has slaughtered every man, woman,
and child in their path on their quest for domination, and now the Forsaken, Sylvanas Windrunner's pet army, have risen out of the ashes
of the Tirisfal Glades. The plague has corrupted even the mightiest of heroes, the most noble of souls; death is everywhere. But one
small bastion of hope remains: the Scarlet Crusade. Considered fanatics by most, the Crusade has devoted itself to cleansing the wretched
undead from their homeland and restoring Lordaeron to its former glory. General Brigitte Abbendis, one of the Crusade's most fervent
paladins, has long lead the elite Crimson Legion at the forefront of this battle, but the Holy Light has begun to whisper to her in her
dreams, calling her north to confront the Lich King himself. So as the shadow of the Scourge once again falls over Lordaeron, Abbendis
must ready herself to leave everything she has known behind, to lead the most faithful to their true destiny and to chase the dawn deep
into the icy heart of Northrend...

[​IMG]
Features

Full (partially) canon storyline
Three unique, original techtrees - Scarlet Crusade, Forsaken, and Vrykul
Updated Alliance, Horde, and Scourge techtrees
Fully voice-acted
Unique unit/ability customization
• Retains progress through updates (not sure if this is a pet peeve for anyone else in campaigns)

[​IMG]
Credits

Elf_Lord: Creator

Nowow: AI Developer/Consultation

Original Voice Acting (in order of appearance):
Katrien Van Riel: Brigitte Abbendis
Elf_Lord: Dreadguard - Scarlet Courier - Herod
Ethan Guthrie: Renault Mograine - Galvar Pureblood
Alex Riggs: Sally Whitemane - Velonara
Rene Gonzalez: Valroth
Jakob Walsh: Landgren
Meredith Denney: Areiel

Graphics and Music:
Blizzard Entertainment: Music/Sound Effects (WoW) - Region Maps (WoW) - Ability Icons (WoW) - Beta Lumbermill,
War-Golum: Blightwalker Aura,
Kitabatake: Mansion Walls & Gate - Ballista (Scorpion),
Korija2029: Black Garden (Wraithforge),
Sellenisko: Draenei Huntress (Exarch) - Val'kyr - Undead Vrykul (Vargul) - Dragon's Reach - Vrykul House - Vrykul Units,
67chrome: Lieutenant Commander (Paladin) - Draenei Huntress (Exarch) - Sylvanas Windrunner - Scarlet Crusader (Soldier/Huntsman) - Returned - Thrust,
skrab: Joan of Arc (Abbendis Portrait),
Blood Raven: Liberator Sword, Scarlet Archbishop (Street), Scarlet Crusader (Jordan)
Sunchips: Lordaeron Crest Shield,
Gottfrei: Plague Doctor (Apothecary),
Ujimasa Hojo: Forsaken Footman (Baelric) - Ujimasa Hojo: Forsaken Structures - Forsaken Peasant,
Mr.Goblin: Poison Potion - Lordaeron Crest Floor/Stairs,
Champara Bros: Judgment - Divine Storm - Penance - Dark Execution,
MassiveMaster: Stable,
skrab: Barracks (Armory) - Garrison (Garrison),
Mike: Chapel (Consecrated Chapel) - Siege Workshop (War Mill) - Pier - Scorpion Ballista,
CloudWolf: Gilneas structures - Sir Valiant (Barean) - Scarlet Crusader (Myrmidon/Ranger) - Alliance/Horde Banners - Sylvanas (Ymirjar Hunter),
Graber: Depot (Storehouse),
Ket: WCII Church (Chapel),
JetFangInferno: Holy Aurora (Consecration) - Black Cloud (Transcendence) - Light Strike Array (Final Vindication) - Soul Armor,
takakenji: Team Color Cathedral (Library) - Ogre Arena (Battle Pit),
Caged_Angelic: Abbendis Art,
Gabriel: Whitemane Art,
Tranquil: Holy Smite - Window & Window Rays, Royal Captain (Jordan)
paladinjst: Silverhand Paladin (Galvar),
Direfury: Arcanist Hero (Whitemane), Death Knight (Thassarian), Proudmoore (Shely)
JesusHipster: Divine Barrier,
ILH: Holy Awakening (Resurrection),
Direfury: Blood Mage (Inquisitor) - Court Mage,
Mephestrial: Mounted Swordsman (Cavalryman) - Gnoll Elemental Grove (Altar of Runes),
Hayate: Gryphon Knight (Wind Lancer),
Nichita_00: Peasant (Stonemason),
Wandering Soul: Crossbow Footman (Ranger),
AhhFreshWeeD: Black Legion Priest (Raven Priest),
Justicebringer: Holy Paladin,
GooS: Armor Upgrades (Crusade),
Elenai: Sword Upgrades (Crusade),
CRAZYRUSSIAN: Black Book (Raven Priest Training) - Red Book - Hand Break - CRPaladin - Apothecary Icon,
lelyanra: Defensive - Fly Claw,
Big Dub: Eyes (Shadowform),
Ginufe: Fire Destruction,
PeeKay: Fire-Horned Helmet (Herod's Helm) - Holy Fist - Holy Regeneration - Inner Fire - Pray - Sphere of Divine - Wing Protection - Abyss Knight (Koltira Deathweaver),
4eNNightmare: Fire Sorrow,
Dalharukn: Heal Cannon,
CreatorD3292: Holy,
cyprigen: Orc Sorcerer,
zbc: Holy Maul,
The_Silent: Howl of Terror,
JollyD: Lion Shield of Courage,
stonneash: Necropedia,
Heinvers: Power Fist,
KelThuzad: Shackle - Cold of the Damned (Dread),
NFWar: Warrior's Blessing,
l0w_kwaliti: Lich King,
Hawkwing: Darion,
MatiS: Nerubian Vizier,
Sin'dorei300: Dragonmaw Banner - Dark Soldier - Crusader Icon - Val'kyr Icon - Ragnar Icon,
xXm0RpH3usXx: Church and Library Doodad Pack,
LordT: Footman Corpse,
MassiveMaster: Fortification Walls,
dansaDisco: Undead Banner,
-=Emergenzy=-: Campaign Walls,
SkriK: Lordaeron Signet,
Ampharos_222: Assailant Spire (Proto-Drake Spire),
Freddyk: Dark Soldier,
TheReaper: Undead Footman,
AndrewOverload519: Forsaken Archer,
Cavman: Dreadguard - Skeletal Peasant,
Edge45: Forsaken Catapult,
Rao Dao Zao: Tosc (Plague Beast),
AnemicRoyalty: Tosc (Plague Beast) - Grand Apothecary,
UgoUgo: Toxic Field,
Tirlititi: Soul Basin,
Power: Dark Harvest,
Marcos DAB: Critical Strike,
Apheraz Lucent: Knight of the Ebon Blade (Darion),
chilla_killa: Argent Banner,
I3lackDeath: Frostmourne,
Stefan.K: Tirion Fordring - Rodrick
~Nightmare: Stop (Aura),
Kuhneghetz: Death Knight on Foot (Koltira Deathweaver) - Barbarian,
JollyD: Horror Soul (Whisper),
Godslayer: Alternate Sacrifice,
Hans Zimmer: Hold the Ice (The Fall of New Avalon),
-Grendel: Diseased One (Sapper),
Fuzzyfury: Geist,
Paladon: Jump Spell,
Tauer: Blackhand, Anduin Lothar
BLazeKraze: Blackhand Icon - Sylvanas Icon (Alt),
PROXY: Crusader,
kangyun: Priestess of the Moon (Lynore) - Phantom Blade, Saidan Dathrohan (Mograine),
zbc: Stoned Ring, Shield Bash
Deathclaw24: Arrow Storm,
ikillforeyou: War Zeppelin,
Daenar7: Runic Skins,
skymarshall: Goblin Tower,
Mephestrial: Gilneas Gunship,
WILL THE ALMIGHTY: Ground Explosion
xXm0RpH3usXx: Pavement
Illidan(Evil)X: Replaceable Banner
Really Slow Motion: Scarlet Victory Theme
Peacegetter: Argent Footman
Dmitry Rommel, Xaran Alamas, Defender of the Crown (Abbendis)
Mr.Goblin: Juggernaught
HerrDave: Questioner (LeCraft) - Man of God (Landgren)
Serbianbeast: Wooden Elevator
L_Lawliet: Dungeon Cliff
LongbowMan/Blizzard: Chapel Banner
stein123/HoS: Scarlet Ram - Scourge Necromancer

This list is still incomplete, as I am only a third of the way through the campaign (though I have tried to anticipate). If I forgot to mention someone (which I may have, since several of my models I borrowed from an earlier project), please let me know and I will update the list.

Related Media

Part I Trailer

Musings of the High General

Previews
Contents

Chasing the Dawn (Campaign)

Reviews
Rufus
Approved. Awesome voice acting, awesome opening cinematic. A well made continuation of the original wc3 campaigns. If you want a more elaborated review, try joining the Grand Review Exchange.
  1. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    OH. You mean it won't leave cinematic mode. Sorry, I misunderstood you. I have just corrected that, and the updated version will be released once I figure out this...

Working on that presently.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. pasha

pasha

Resources:
    Resources:
    so many bug

i didnt get landgren cinematic wont fade out

bug

1.i cant get landgren

2. cavelries cant use a horse

plese fix the bugs

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2017
  3. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm about to release a fix for the first two bugs. As for the cavalry, I just tested that successfully before my last hotfix days ago but I will double-check.

EDIT: Fixed and implemented.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  4. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, I do not have Abbendis this time on Chapter 1, also is this map not compatible with 1.27b? Because I do not see the loading title, subtitle and description of each chapter/interlude.

5. corvus_mortis

corvus_mortis

Resources:
    Resources:
    there is an error.
    I can not save the game and the chapters are not saved.
    please help.

6. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I just had this mission tested and this problem did not occur... I'm assuming you restarted the campaign? Or are you replaying missions?

Also, I have not given titles, subtitles, or chapter descriptions on my missions.

7. Pokemanharald

Pokemanharald

Resources:
    Resources:
    - On chapter four i think when you defend Havenshire and get landgren his spell says it heals and resotres mana but it is a frost armor
    - During chapter 3 i was really confused after destorying the necropolises, had no idea what to do. also recources seem very limited on this level and i almost got no attacks, not sure if intented. Think they ended up at the second gold mine base and got stuck there
    - after chapter 3 when i tried to skill a talen point i noticed 3-4 of them on tier 1 disapered and 2 spells on tier 2 unlocked, is it meant to be this way?
    - This is something that happend at least once in all chapters i think and that is the dialoge didn't get time to finish before another started. this specially happend during chapter 4 and 5

Besides from that i love this so much, abseloutly well done with voice acting and peformence. Looking forward to more!

8. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am aware of the Landgren issue. I'm actively trying to fix that but it's surprisingly difficult because I honestly don't know why it's occurring. That spell has absolutely no connection to Frost Armor.

Chapter 3 you have to destroy every Scourge Necropolis and Halls of the Dead. Basically any of their command structures. Resources are deliberately limited. If this becomes a significant hindrance to gameplay I will fix it. It's meant to force you to protect your allies.

Certain talents, particularly in Tiers 1 and 3, preclude you from getting other talents. For instance, if you get Hammer of Justice, it turns off Judgment of Light and Conviction (and anything unlocked by these two) because getting all of them would seriously overpower the Judgment ability.

Some dialogue audio was recently added and I may have mistakenly set wrong run times on them. I will double-check.

9. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Um, well, how the campaign screen setup should work is that it will always have the latest mission available to you; it won't let you replay previous missions until you finish all the available missions in order. If I release a new version and you appear to have lost your progress, just start a new game and you will be prompted to reload your previous progress if you got past Mission 1.

10. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Approved.
    Awesome voice acting, awesome opening cinematic.
    A well made continuation of the original wc3 campaigns.

If you want a more elaborated review, try joining the Grand Review Exchange.

11. Rospider12

Rospider12

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will do a full letsplay and review of this campaign i will update my thoughts on this campaign when i finish it

visit me ---> ToxiC Gamer <---

12. Kasrkin

Kasrkin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Chasing the Dawn

Ch.1
    -Outro Dialogue for Sally Whitemane overlaps
    -Units meant to ambush in the plaguelands only attack units directly attacking them, meaning I can have Abbendis attack one unit at a time in a group of four without worry.

Ch.3
    -Debug script at start?
    -No option to mount Cavailer
    -Random Spirit Tower in South-Western corner, this may cause confusion as everything else is usually dead before this.
    -There is a lot of dialogue overlapping in the outro.

"Monastary" Section after Havenshire
    -Heavy amount of clipping and many surfaces are invisible.
    -Can walk below the building

Ch.4
    -Music Vastly overpowers voice over, can't understand what's being said during music's particularly loud sections.
    -2 Landgrens?

--------
    I like it, I'll continue at a later time.

13. BABA

BABA

Resources:
    Resources:
    On the start of ch.2 i choise Righteous Blade and i have Crusader Strike. This 2 talents cost 1 point or it is a bug ?
    And on the start of ch.2 Abbendis don`t have Judgment magic :(

14. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

Resources:
    Resources:
    the voice acting is very good and the detail is well done good campaign! looking forward for future campaigns by you

15. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, I restarted the campaign

16. LyunAvine

LyunAvine

Resources:
    Resources:
    The gold mine ally gets wiped out before you even get your army ready due to AI ghoul rush, not sure if you fixed that, haven't tried downloading the new version.

17. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm really loving this campaign and started making hd units for it :) I hope you like the main character here :)

Attached Files:

• brig.png
      brig.png
      File size:
      225.8 KB
      Views:
  18. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There are 2 Landgrens? That might be a holdover from testing. I've been trying to rapidfire hotfix everything and it is distinctly possible I forgot to fix that (it's fixed in the new version). The Whitemane outro and the Cavalier mounting have been similarly been fixed in the latest hotfix which I will be uploading shortly.

As for the ambush thing, yeah, that is an unfortunate fact I found awhile back but I haven't found a particularly viable alternative yet, so for now, that remains a fight you can cheat. And Mission 3 is supposed to conclude upon the destruction of all the Necropoli and other central structures, so that Spirit Tower should be able to be ignored. I will take a look at audio overlap in later Missions.

I've really been struggling with the selection map between Missions 3 and 4 because I attempted to make it two stories which really messes with the camera. I'm trying to repair it but it will take time; it's really hit or miss.

EDIT: Okay, I can't seem to edit in quotes, but that's alright, I'll just respond. The AI in Missions 3 and 4 are prone to error, I'm afraid. I am not particularly skilled with AI programming, so I'm still working to perfect the AI scripts in those missions, which will be ongoing process. You get one talent point with every level Abbendis gains, so after Mission 1 there should be 1 talent point to spend, after Mission 2 a second talent point to spend, etc. That being said, there is no reason you should be getting both, so that's incredibly odd.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  19. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't understand why this campaign was approved. There are a number of errors and though they don't crash the game they annoy a person enough that it ruins all the effort and hours put into creating this game.

The call to arms in the town hall doesn't work because there are no peasants to be found.
    The tech tree for stables is made available even when the ability to mount units is unavailable(rendering building a stable purposeless)
    There isn't a wide selection of items, which is one of the main factor for building a powerful hero
    The campaign isn't finished
    The dialogue and sound overlap or don't show at all.
    The introductions before each mission are GREAT, but I can hardly hear here... make her voice louder I'm sure it is an easy setting change.
    Oh and buildings take way to long to build, I'm sure that isn't the normal build time ??? Although I could be wrong
    Some of the scenes pin the characters heads backwards(looking at the screen) constantly

What I did enjoy however was the power selection system and the beginning unit selection. I would have liked it if I could also customise the units abilities, but that would be asking for a bit much considering I already get more options than warcraft offers :D

Another point to add is that the story line must have been difficult to keep to the warcraft lore, which isn't something to be over looked at all! Three stars just for that effort alone.

Thanks for the great game, but I feel your early release has made your quality suffer

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  20. fantocan

fantocan

Resources:
    Resources:
    YAY love the crusade, finally a campaign, gona try it and review!!!

FOR LORDAERON!
    FOR THE LIGHT!
    FOREVER!