• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chasing the Dawn

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
143048-albums8336-picture100183.jpg

The voice whispered: "Come to me."

Considering that I have never seen a Scarlet Crusade campaign done before (at least not a finished one), I thought I might give it a shot, give back something to this community I've been a part of longer than I like to think about. I have done my best to keep the campaign as canon as possible, but as it turns out keeping it completely canon makes for a rather boring campaign, so I have taken some liberties, mostly regarding locations. The narration you will hear in the campaign comes straight from Abbendis's diary in World of Warcraft... almost.

(For anyone who's interested: The Diary of High General Abbendis)

Again, I have had to make some changes, especially early on, to condense some of the more boring parts and to expand its scope in some areas so I could make more missions out of it (originally, I would only have been able to make two or three missions in Lordaeron; the plan is five at the moment). I am aware that the file will probably be enormous, and once everything's finalized, I will try to create a lighter version for those of you who do not want to deal with this campaign's monstrous size, but for now it's better for me to work in the full version.

My screenshots are all outdated at the moment. Once I have time to do a full playthrough where I'm not starting and stopping to troubleshoot I will post a set. In the meantime, the old screenshots can be found on the Chasing the Dawn campaign thread, and I have videos in Related Media that show some aspects of gameplay.

Latest Patch: 1.04 (Patch notes found on this document)
Chasing the Dawn Patch Notes

143048-albums8336-picture100406.jpg

Story
The kingdom of Lordaeron is in ruins. The Undead Scourge, with the former Prince Arthas at its head, has slaughtered every man, woman,
and child in their path on their quest for domination, and now the Forsaken, Sylvanas Windrunner's pet army, have risen out of the ashes
of the Tirisfal Glades. The plague has corrupted even the mightiest of heroes, the most noble of souls; death is everywhere. But one
small bastion of hope remains: the Scarlet Crusade. Considered fanatics by most, the Crusade has devoted itself to cleansing the wretched
undead from their homeland and restoring Lordaeron to its former glory. General Brigitte Abbendis, one of the Crusade's most fervent
paladins, has long lead the elite Crimson Legion at the forefront of this battle, but the Holy Light has begun to whisper to her in her
dreams, calling her north to confront the Lich King himself. So as the shadow of the Scourge once again falls over Lordaeron, Abbendis
must ready herself to leave everything she has known behind, to lead the most faithful to their true destiny and to chase the dawn deep
into the icy heart of Northrend...

143048-albums8336-picture100409.jpg

Features
Full (partially) canon storyline
Three unique, original techtrees - Scarlet Crusade, Forsaken, and Vrykul
Updated Alliance, Horde, and Scourge techtrees
Fully voice-acted
Unique unit/ability customization
• Retains progress through updates (not sure if this is a pet peeve for anyone else in campaigns)

143048-albums8336-picture100407.jpg

Credits
Elf_Lord: Creator

Nowow: AI Developer/Consultation

Original Voice Acting (in order of appearance):
Katrien Van Riel: Brigitte Abbendis
Elf_Lord: Dreadguard - Scarlet Courier - Herod
Ethan Guthrie: Renault Mograine - Galvar Pureblood
Alex Riggs: Sally Whitemane - Velonara
Rene Gonzalez: Valroth
Jakob Walsh: Landgren
Meredith Denney: Areiel

Graphics and Music:
Blizzard Entertainment: Music/Sound Effects (WoW) - Region Maps (WoW) - Ability Icons (WoW) - Beta Lumbermill,
War-Golum: Blightwalker Aura,
Kitabatake: Mansion Walls & Gate - Ballista (Scorpion),
Korija2029: Black Garden (Wraithforge),
Sellenisko: Draenei Huntress (Exarch) - Val'kyr - Undead Vrykul (Vargul) - Dragon's Reach - Vrykul House - Vrykul Units,
67chrome: Lieutenant Commander (Paladin) - Draenei Huntress (Exarch) - Sylvanas Windrunner - Scarlet Crusader (Soldier/Huntsman) - Returned - Thrust,
skrab: Joan of Arc (Abbendis Portrait),
Blood Raven: Liberator Sword, Scarlet Archbishop (Street), Scarlet Crusader (Jordan)
Sunchips: Lordaeron Crest Shield,
Gottfrei: Plague Doctor (Apothecary),
Ujimasa Hojo: Forsaken Footman (Baelric) - Ujimasa Hojo: Forsaken Structures - Forsaken Peasant,
Mr.Goblin: Poison Potion - Lordaeron Crest Floor/Stairs,
Champara Bros: Judgment - Divine Storm - Penance - Dark Execution,
MassiveMaster: Stable,
skrab: Barracks (Armory) - Garrison (Garrison),
Mike: Chapel (Consecrated Chapel) - Siege Workshop (War Mill) - Pier - Scorpion Ballista,
CloudWolf: Gilneas structures - Sir Valiant (Barean) - Scarlet Crusader (Myrmidon/Ranger) - Alliance/Horde Banners - Sylvanas (Ymirjar Hunter),
Graber: Depot (Storehouse),
Ket: WCII Church (Chapel),
JetFangInferno: Holy Aurora (Consecration) - Black Cloud (Transcendence) - Light Strike Array (Final Vindication) - Soul Armor,
takakenji: Team Color Cathedral (Library) - Ogre Arena (Battle Pit),
Caged_Angelic: Abbendis Art,
Gabriel: Whitemane Art,
Tranquil: Holy Smite - Window & Window Rays, Royal Captain (Jordan)
paladinjst: Silverhand Paladin (Galvar),
Direfury: Arcanist Hero (Whitemane), Death Knight (Thassarian), Proudmoore (Shely)
JesusHipster: Divine Barrier,
ILH: Holy Awakening (Resurrection),
Direfury: Blood Mage (Inquisitor) - Court Mage,
Mephestrial: Mounted Swordsman (Cavalryman) - Gnoll Elemental Grove (Altar of Runes),
Hayate: Gryphon Knight (Wind Lancer),
Nichita_00: Peasant (Stonemason),
Wandering Soul: Crossbow Footman (Ranger),
AhhFreshWeeD: Black Legion Priest (Raven Priest),
Justicebringer: Holy Paladin,
GooS: Armor Upgrades (Crusade),
Elenai: Sword Upgrades (Crusade),
CRAZYRUSSIAN: Black Book (Raven Priest Training) - Red Book - Hand Break - CRPaladin - Apothecary Icon,
lelyanra: Defensive - Fly Claw,
Big Dub: Eyes (Shadowform),
Ginufe: Fire Destruction,
PeeKay: Fire-Horned Helmet (Herod's Helm) - Holy Fist - Holy Regeneration - Inner Fire - Pray - Sphere of Divine - Wing Protection - Abyss Knight (Koltira Deathweaver),
4eNNightmare: Fire Sorrow,
Dalharukn: Heal Cannon,
CreatorD3292: Holy,
cyprigen: Orc Sorcerer,
zbc: Holy Maul,
The_Silent: Howl of Terror,
JollyD: Lion Shield of Courage,
stonneash: Necropedia,
Heinvers: Power Fist,
KelThuzad: Shackle - Cold of the Damned (Dread),
NFWar: Warrior's Blessing,
l0w_kwaliti: Lich King,
Hawkwing: Darion,
MatiS: Nerubian Vizier,
Sin'dorei300: Dragonmaw Banner - Dark Soldier - Crusader Icon - Val'kyr Icon - Ragnar Icon,
xXm0RpH3usXx: Church and Library Doodad Pack,
LordT: Footman Corpse,
MassiveMaster: Fortification Walls,
dansaDisco: Undead Banner,
-=Emergenzy=-: Campaign Walls,
SkriK: Lordaeron Signet,
Ampharos_222: Assailant Spire (Proto-Drake Spire),
Freddyk: Dark Soldier,
TheReaper: Undead Footman,
AndrewOverload519: Forsaken Archer,
Cavman: Dreadguard - Skeletal Peasant,
Edge45: Forsaken Catapult,
Rao Dao Zao: Tosc (Plague Beast),
AnemicRoyalty: Tosc (Plague Beast) - Grand Apothecary,
UgoUgo: Toxic Field,
Tirlititi: Soul Basin,
Power: Dark Harvest,
Marcos DAB: Critical Strike,
Apheraz Lucent: Knight of the Ebon Blade (Darion),
chilla_killa: Argent Banner,
I3lackDeath: Frostmourne,
Stefan.K: Tirion Fordring - Rodrick
~Nightmare: Stop (Aura),
Kuhneghetz: Death Knight on Foot (Koltira Deathweaver) - Barbarian,
JollyD: Horror Soul (Whisper),
Godslayer: Alternate Sacrifice,
Hans Zimmer: Hold the Ice (The Fall of New Avalon),
-Grendel: Diseased One (Sapper),
Fuzzyfury: Geist,
Paladon: Jump Spell,
Tauer: Blackhand, Anduin Lothar
BLazeKraze: Blackhand Icon - Sylvanas Icon (Alt),
PROXY: Crusader,
kangyun: Priestess of the Moon (Lynore) - Phantom Blade, Saidan Dathrohan (Mograine),
zbc: Stoned Ring, Shield Bash
Deathclaw24: Arrow Storm,
ikillforeyou: War Zeppelin,
Daenar7: Runic Skins,
skymarshall: Goblin Tower,
Mephestrial: Gilneas Gunship,
WILL THE ALMIGHTY: Ground Explosion
xXm0RpH3usXx: Pavement
Illidan(Evil)X: Replaceable Banner
Really Slow Motion: Scarlet Victory Theme
Peacegetter: Argent Footman
Dmitry Rommel, Xaran Alamas, Defender of the Crown (Abbendis)
Mr.Goblin: Juggernaught
HerrDave: Questioner (LeCraft) - Man of God (Landgren)
Serbianbeast: Wooden Elevator
L_Lawliet: Dungeon Cliff
LongbowMan/Blizzard: Chapel Banner
stein123/HoS: Scarlet Ram - Scourge Necromancer

This list is still incomplete, as I am only a third of the way through the campaign (though I have tried to anticipate). If I forgot to mention someone (which I may have, since several of my models I borrowed from an earlier project), please let me know and I will update the list.

Previews
Contents

Chasing the Dawn (Campaign)

Reviews
Rufus
Approved. Awesome voice acting, awesome opening cinematic. A well made continuation of the original wc3 campaigns. If you want a more elaborated review, try joining the Grand Review Exchange.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Despite all the bugs i've managed to finish this campaign and i must say that ending cinematic was better than entire Warcraft 3 /Frozen Throne.

Level 2
Mission 3 won't end for me. I've destroyed all the Necropoleis (I'm not calling them Necropoli, because ending anything with an i and calling it plural sounds dumb to me) and it won't advance. Send halp? :p

Level 3
I
Mission 3 won't end for me. I've destroyed all the Necropoleis (I'm not calling them Necropoli, because ending anything with an i and calling it plural sounds dumb to me) and it won't advance. Send halp? :p
It will end shortly after. If it still doesn't end, just kill every enemy you see.

Level 4
I think I've found a bug about regions in Chapter 1:
I went on a shore on the left side of the map, close to the end of the second optional quest, I got close to the upper rock formation (near where you find the Scrool of Protection) and the main mission ended. I haven't even got close to the city/base, so I guess it's a matter of "too big regions". <w<

Level 4
During my playthrough of the campaign (I'm now at chapter 3, stucked), I've found a very large amount of imperfections (not directly errors):

Chapter 1:

-Felt like the terrain of the map was a bit "flat" (literally, no high/low spots, I do remember a cursed terrain that was lower than usual, but it felt not as complex as, for example, Tomoraider's maps)
-Bug about regions (as said in my previous comment)

Chapter 2:
-It's uncompletable if you don't destroy the brown Forsaken bases in the first 5 minutes, which is almost impossible to do unless you cheat (or you're a god at the game, which I'm not <w<), had to cheat to complete it
-Velonara is a bit unkillable if you don't surround her or ensnare her (I couldn't, since I picked the wolf-ranged unit) and she moves when she's respawning around tombs. I suggest to slow her ghost down a bit (maybe increase HP, but make her slower still) and make her unmovable when she's respawning

Chapter 3:
-The HORDE I've met right out of my base. That is just impossible to deal with, I suggest to give less starting units to Undeads and maybe give a couple of footmen (even 1 would be great) to the villages, they will slow the first undead assult, which helps a lot, the player will have the time to react to the assault even with few units (this is my suggestion tho, I had no problem but someone might find it a bit too immediate to deal with it without losing at least one half of the village)
-Destroyed every unit on the map except for the village and mine, but the main quest hasn't end. I can't continue the campaign. I also tried "allyourbasearebelongtous", but nothing, the map still goes on.

But... wow, buddy. Even with these problems, I enjoyed what I've seen so far. All good features, I love the way you can customize your army and the Spectree looks AWESOME! It works perfectly for now, but I do have some suggestions here aswell:
-You maybe could place a sign in the "prepare for battle" maps that says the objective of the next map (of course it doesn't have to be "do this and do that", but something more like a description of what Brigitte will have to do on her next quest)
-Can you add, in the unit descriptions (during the "prepare for battle" maps), what kind of damage they do, their armor and parameters? It will help a lot and will make it more complete and clearer.

Keep on going, this campaign is the best I've ever played and probably one of the best here on Hive! I'll gladly play it twice of more to find cool combination of spectree and units, it has probably the highest replayability of all the campaigns here. Bugs makes it a bit hard to play due to gameplay issues, but I can see you've put so much effort into something UNIQUE. I give it a 10/10 even with bugs.

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Ch.4 New
-Allied stonemasons try to repair ballista on the walls.
-Landgren still does frost armor instead of healing wave.
-There seems to be nothing happening, waves are not dangerous and the time between them is ridiculous.
-Blessing of Faith doesn't seem to do anything besides the graphical effect.
-Dialogue lines seem to have bugged out and constantly repeat.
-Undead forces walked right through the north-west tower.
-Allied crusade units when built sit next to outpost. They're not that useful.
-One of the Death Knights attacked by himself.
-Abbendis said, "Where the hell are my couriers?" In the end cinematic. This is the same line that repeats along with Landgren's.
full
Ch.5
-There seems to be an error in the cinematic, the arrow goes to hit nothing.
-A lot of dialogue overlays, when Abbendis meets Landgren her last line is not said and the cinematic is interrupted by Darion's speech.
-Are there supposed to be some people getting crushed by the tower in the beginning of the mission? There is only a gore splatter. Also, if you don't skip the cinematic your units may be dead by the time gameplay resumes.
-There are a lot of errors here.
-The ending cinematic has a few errors, there are scourge crusaders? Abbendis' head is always looking behind her.
-Every allied unit is dead by the time you're on your way to the harbor.

Sailing to Northrend
-Just a tiny lighting error where it turned to day for a moment.

Sorry it took so long. One more thing are Abbendis and Landgren meant to be able to level during ch.4 or is that put off until the second part of the campaign?

Apologies if a lot of this has been posted before either in the thread or in the earlier pages.

Last edited:
Level 4
During my playthrough of the campaign (I'm now at chapter 3, stucked), I've found a very large amount of imperfections (not directly errors):

Chapter 1:

-Felt like the terrain of the map was a bit "flat" (literally, no high/low spots, I do remember a cursed terrain that was lower than usual, but it felt not as complex as, for example, Tomoraider's maps)
-Bug about regions (as said in my previous comment)

Chapter 2:
-It's uncompletable if you don't destroy the brown Forsaken bases in the first 5 minutes, which is almost impossible to do unless you cheat (or you're a god at the game, which I'm not <w<), had to cheat to complete it
-Velonara is a bit unkillable if you don't surround her or ensnare her (I couldn't, since I picked the wolf-ranged unit) and she moves when she's respawning around tombs. I suggest to slow her ghost down a bit (maybe increase HP, but make her slower still) and make her unmovable when she's respawning

Chapter 3:
-The HORDE I've met right out of my base. That is just impossible to deal with, I suggest to give less starting units to Undeads and maybe give a couple of footmen (even 1 would be great) to the villages, they will slow the first undead assult, which helps a lot, the player will have the time to react to the assault even with few units (this is my suggestion tho, I had no problem but someone might find it a bit too immediate to deal with it without losing at least one half of the village)
-Destroyed every unit on the map except for the village and mine, but the main quest hasn't end. I can't continue the campaign. I also tried "allyourbasearebelongtous", but nothing, the map still goes on.

But... wow, buddy. Even with these problems, I enjoyed what I've seen so far. All good features, I love the way you can customize your army and the Spectree looks AWESOME! It works perfectly for now, but I do have some suggestions here aswell:
-You maybe could place a sign in the "prepare for battle" maps that says the objective of the next map (of course it doesn't have to be "do this and do that", but something more like a description of what Brigitte will have to do on her next quest)
-Can you add, in the unit descriptions (during the "prepare for battle" maps), what kind of damage they do, their armor and parameters? It will help a lot and will make it more complete and clearer.

Keep on going, this campaign is the best I've ever played and probably one of the best here on Hive! I'll gladly play it twice of more to find cool combination of spectree and units, it has probably the highest replayability of all the campaigns here. Bugs makes it a bit hard to play due to gameplay issues, but I can see you've put so much effort into something UNIQUE. I give it a 10/10 even with bugs.
Actually, in the third chapter, you can survive this horde, if you have time to make grades for armor, and continuously create troops (Abbendis pretty well tanking), plus, the "yellow" troops of the undead can be damaged with neutral ghosts.
But after you destroy this horde, the undead for some reason does not begin to produce new troops, which depresses and makes the mission pretty simple.
Also, there is no model for courier after that mission, and for some reasons, the "talent tree" incorrectly visually displays choosed talents (The arrows from one talent to another continues to be gray).

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I picked the ranged guys who can mount horses. Sadly this doesn't work and nothing happens when using mount horse on them. This made Chapter 2 next to impossible as I was stuck with a horrible unit instead of a mounted good one.

Why can't towers shoot without a ranged unit inside? I thought garrisoning units was a means to empower, not to make it simply make it function. This should be fixed.

If possible, make it so right-click tower with workers means repair.. At the moment they try to garrison instead, which is slightly annoying since they can't anyway.

Minor suggestions:
The recordings have a lot of reverb which is inconsistent with how other voices are done in Warcraft 3, I suggest looking into this for a more professional touch. The acting it self is very good though.
Make the gates in the chapel thicker/put up extra gates behind the locked ones. The problem here is that the camera pans clips through the gate when you turn to the side - letting you see the other side of the gate and thus breaking immersion.

Otherwise pretty solid systems, voice acting, story, gameplay, and everything.

The goldmines in that map with Velonara are drained WAY to fast. I remember in the demo it was a problem too, but nowhere that fast. I had like only half of the needed gold when there were no goldmine on the map anymore. Even at normal difficulty. Make slow harvesting to not all goldmine to be drained in 5 minutes or give some indicator that when the mines are becoming scarce.

Also the mounting ability of the stables uses 2 mana, but it says 1.

Level 20
Alright...This thing is infested with bugs...Some call the bugman!!!

To be honest after playing the first mission i had high hopes for this project.Voice acting,Awesome terrain,Godly cinematics but after it everything went to shit...

Where do i begin.

Tech-tree.I mean literally tier 1 melee units are just plain shit...Even the militas can accomplish more than them oh and talking about militas...The "Call to arms" does not work thats the first of bugs i encountered.
Tier 1 ranged units are decent but the Ones that come with a dog seem like a scam to me cuz there is no god dam dog with them not even as a summoning ability.Javlin units cannot be mounted on horses even tho i have tired a dozen times even with thereisnospoon on ( i am assuming this same bug applies to Cavalier units too)

Tier 2 ranged units it says that the muskeeters cannot attack ranged units but do "splash" damage on ground ones well that does not seem to work as well even tho they still are really strong units.

The skill tree for Abbendis is bugged as well.I tried to build her as a supportive tank so i went and took the path where it allows you to take the HP regen aura yet even tho i chose that one talent IT took the other one and changed my healing spell.

Oh and THE GOD DAM MUSIC IS TO LOUD when the characters are talking i cannot even hear them most of the time and to top that off you did not put subtitles to make it easier for deaf morons like me to understand whats going around.

AND the absolute worst that made me cringe so so hard that i cannot even imagine.
Bishops second spell says in the tool tip that its basically an aoe healing but low and behold its a Frost armour spell...You gave a Bishop of the light a Necro-Lich spell...Thats beyond...Its like playing KKK propaganda in a ghetto...

Oh and after the mission we run from undeads with the ships,I think its bugged...When i try to interact with the down arrow key it does not do anything i cannot proccede further into the story (unless there is no more maps after it cuz it did send me back to chapter selection screen after i finished the chapter)

To top it off...This thing is unique in a way that brought some new features that i had not seen in any other campaign the cinematics are really good,terrain is polished and eye pleasing it revolves around the scarlet crusade (which i think are dumb asses) but still there aren't that much projects around with scralet crusaders as protagonists so thats a plus but this thing still needs alot of work.

Level 1
i played it until where i have to escort abbediet or what ever her name is to the harber but when i reach the harber nothing happens...

Level 28
I just finished playing this awesome campaign yesterday, and I find very intreseting and well designed, it is really good to play with this new faction, the units, the tech-tree, the story and terrain, etc.. are well made! Also the voice acting is just great! Though, I have some complains about this campaign in some mission :
- Mission 1 : The map is too big for a small quest.
- Mission 2 : I had issues will playing this map, the object is to gather resources, especially gold, there isn't enough gold in the goldmines, and it takes a lot of resources to provide units in order to destroy the Forsaken base...
- Mission 4 - The Ebon Blade : I find the map very easy and not challening, the waves are small and easy to push out, and for some reason, when the timer ends, nothing really happens, I thought it was a bug, but then, I decided to attack the yellow base of the scourge by destroying some of their buildings, and that achieved the quest, though it was not mentioned to destroy that base in the quest log.
- Mission 5 : This map was challenging and hard, the units spawn too quick and there isn't enough troops to take them out. But it's all good at the end.
What I really hated the most in this campaign was the 3D Camera, it's not bad, but it's really hard to control the character, especially when the character goes under the terrain textures like it happend in some missions... However, I really enjoyed playing this campaign so far, it is promising and full with great stuff. Good work on that!
Overrall 4/5.

Level 12
Patch 1.02b will be released tomorrow! I'll be updating the information here then, but if you want to glance at the patch notes or something (for whatever reason), they are up on the thread!

I do feel the need to point out that Mission 4's victory conditions have nothing to do with any of the Scourge bases. Any victory achieved by attacking Scourge bases after the timer expires is purely coincidental. If you have played Mission 4 and are confused by the victory conditions, please read below.

Mission 4 is a 30-minute holdout. The timer is deliberately 5 minutes short, as I am trying to realistically convey a failed off-screen objective. These couriers Abbendis is waiting for are dead, intercepted by the Scourge. Therefore, when they fail to arrive, Abbendis and the player are meant to be confused as to what their next move ought to be. If that next move is attacking a Scourge base, well, so be it, but the victory conditions remain the same as before: do not die.

This might be a little more obvious in the new patch because the enemy attack waves are actually somewhat significant. The AI in the original was a joke.

Last edited:
Level 12
How does one start next mission when the undead have broken in the tower and destroying everything ?

What mission are you on exactly? I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about.

If you're referring to post-Mission 5, that entire area is meant to allow you to replay previous maps. Each portal will allow you to go to a different previous mission and replay it; just approach one and hit the down arrow key and it will tell you which mission and ask if you want to do it. There will be a new mission selection area for Part II.

EDIT: There was an error with this interlude section. I have hotfixed it; it should work now.

Last edited:
Level 3
This campagin shows great promise......
I suppose the eye lid of Abbendis is a piece of black textrue and not working as intended.

Btw, what's the difference between the mythic and normal,it's only higher stats or something more?

Level 12
This campagin shows great promise......
I suppose the eye lid of Abbendis is a piece of black textrue and not working as intended.

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.

Btw, what's the difference between the mythic and normal,it's only higher stats or something more?

Each difficulty step up grants a 5% health boost (among other stat bonuses) to enemy units, more aggressive AI, weakened allies, increased chance to find Lightforged items (which is roughly a 50% stat increase for quest items), and increases the amount of content you will encounter. For instance, the bonus mission cannot be unlocked on Normal, and there is a bonus quest and a bonus item that can only be acquired on Mythic.

Level 3
I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.

I'm referring to the portrait model shown on the UI panel of Appendis .
She sometimes blink and her eyelids are black.......I think black texture means something is wrong:con:
Anyway...it's just a tiny flaw(or not at all if it's working as intended)

Each difficulty step up grants a 5% health boost (among other stat bonuses) to enemy units, more aggressive AI, weakened allies, increased chance to find Lightforged items (which is roughly a 50% stat increase for quest items), and increases the amount of content you will encounter. For instance, the bonus mission cannot be unlocked on Normal, and there is a bonus quest and a bonus item that can only be acquired on Mythic.

You surely put a lot of effort on this campaign, plus that splendid voice acting.:infl_thumbs_up:

and that tech-tree management map is quite innovating but somehow redundant....I think the classic "upgrade-complete" is good enough.

Sorry for bad English

Level 12
@RuinKeeper I've honestly never noticed Abbendis's blinking and it probably isn't worth the effort it would take to fix. I appreciate your attention to detail, though!

I respect your opinion on the interludes, but I consider them one of the highlights of my campaign and have no intention of removing them, as I believe it gives the player a rare chance to customize their play experience. I will admit that there isn't that much to do in the Part I interludes, which is a result of me trying to put all of them in one map. In Part II, all the interludes will take place in one location, so I will be able to focus my efforts on a single more engaging experience. All this to say that I hope that I can change your mind on the subject someday. Until then, I hope you enjoy the other parts of the campaign. :)

Level 19
may I just ask you to add a mission worth replaying? it would be great if you could create a lan game equivalent mission where players could invite their friends to take back a castle and defend each other

with the custom units and skills available, I'm betting loads of people would be interested in a singled map like that.

than again I'm probably asking for waaaay too much

Level 1
I'm not sure what is going on but im on the first mission - escort Abbendis, but i dont see her. I only have some common units and next to me stands neutral Galvar Pureblood. Dont have even portrait of her in the left top corner.

Level 12
may I just ask you to add a mission worth replaying? it would be great if you could create a lan game equivalent mission where players could invite their friends to take back a castle and defend each other with the custom units and skills available, I'm betting loads of people would be interested in a singled map like that.

than again I'm probably asking for waaaay too much

I've been thinking about some multiplayer features for Chasing the Dawn and if it would be possible to integrate it with the campaign in some manner, but right now it's all just conceptual. At the moment, the most likely scenario is that I would build co-op missions or PvP scenarios featuring other Crusade minor heroes back in Lordaeron (Fellari Swiftarrow, etc.). I'll give this some thought and maybe create a test map to see how well it is received.

I'm not sure what is going on but im on the first mission - escort Abbendis, but i dont see her. I only have some common units and next to me stands neutral Galvar Pureblood. Dont have even portrait of her in the left top corner.

I've gotten multiple reports of this before. Take the following steps and see if any of these steps fixes the problem.

1) Redownload the campaign to make sure you have the newest version. I released a hotfix yesterday that I think should fix this issue on its own. If the problem persists, then move on to the next step:

2) Manually delete the game cache files in your Save folder.

If THIS doesn't fix the problem, please let me know, as I might have a more problematic glitch than I thought.

Just noticed this was updated, looking forward to playing through it soon!

I'll be waiting. Best of luck to you, Jay! :D

Level 1
Reeeeeeeeeally fun campaign bro , Looking forward to part 2 and 3 but I have a little opinion that might add a little style to Brigette , Can you change the way she looks for each spec ? or atleast her weapons , would be so cool to have her wield a 2h weapon instead of a sword and shield if u spec into retri . Overall thanks for the great campaign and hope u consider my opinion

Level 3
I'm stuck at the second mission. It says Unmined Gold: 0 and the Lumber thing in the quest log is already greyed out so that can't be it. I've killed all the forsaken on the map but still no mission complete <.<

Level 12
Reeeeeeeeeally fun campaign bro , Looking forward to part 2 and 3 but I have a little opinion that might add a little style to Brigette , Can you change the way she looks for each spec ? or atleast her weapons , would be so cool to have her wield a 2h weapon instead of a sword and shield if u spec into retri . Overall thanks for the great campaign and hope u consider my opinion

I am not opposed to the concept of Abbendis changing weapons and such, and her model is in fact designed to do so. I think the real trick there would be deciding at what point you are considered fully "specced into" a certain talent set. In Part II you will have a far greater ability to give cosmetic changes to things (custom banners, etc.), and appearance changes to Abbendis are much more likely to occur as an unlockable bonus rather than a talent-based effect. I'm still trying to see how far I can realistically push the limits of customizable cosmetic content.

In short, I like this idea, and it will be implemented in some capacity in Part II, but probably not Part I.

I'm stuck at the second mission. It says Unmined Gold: 0 and the Lumber thing in the quest log is already greyed out so that can't be it. I've killed all the forsaken on the map but still no mission complete <.<

You need to have 10,000 unspent gold. That multiboard is just to tell you if there's enough gold left on the map to complete the mission. If the number is at zero, the answer is unfortunately no. Mission 2 is designed to force you to be aggressive and throw the Forsaken off gold mines early.

Level 5

Man that mission is annoying, if you go in blind you will most likelly fail, sadly gold runs out fast so you need the soldier with the hammer for the pillage ability, and you will need the net from the spear guys to trap the Ranger banshee, so you can push early and not let forsaken drain all mines.

Level 4

You didn't fulfill the Main Mission requirements: gather 10.000 gold and 5.000 lumber. The Unmined gold indicator tells you how much gold remained on the map. If the gold ends and you haven't reached the required values, you must restart the mission.

Elf_Lord, I think the best thing to do would be to add a mission failed log that happens if "gathered gold+unmined gold=not enough to end the mission", and makes you understand (better) that you have to save money and search for goldmines.

EDIT: another nice addition would be a sign (or, I dunno, something, a letter) that appears in the army management levels that tells you what you'll have to do in the next mission (vaguely is always better than nothing) or, maybe, suggested units. That would help a lot.

Level 1
Hey Elf_Lord, deleting save solution solved problem with lack of Abbendis in first mission, thank you ^^

Level 3
Well I managed to complete the mission now, thx for the help. I think a little more elaboration on what precisely you want players to do here, wouldn't hurt. I interpreted it more in the way of "mine 10k gold overall".

Level 19
This new patch, does it include part 2?

Initially I got excited because I thought it includes part two, but now that I'm behind my computer I don't see anything of the sort.

Is the patch just a patch?

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

How do i unblock the secret mission?

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Chapter 3 is easy even on Mythical, just aim Necromancers with Rangers. I wish I had access to Inquisitors, Lancers and the Library though.

On the last chapter, before going to the port, I was ganged suddenly by the four horsemen, aiming Landgren.

Also, on the bonus mission, I did not have any some sort of clearance when I got all four holy sites. One more thing, Dagren is still alive. Rename it to Gavinrad's last or something.

Level 11
I've completed the chapter 5 and now I'm stucked in a ship with a 3D camera (what I don't really like) and all the units around me who are frozen. The Scourge have attacked and I can't seem to find exit. I've been interacting objects with a down D-pad, but nothing is working. I can only walk around and do nothing. Please help.

Level 4
My thoughts so far on the new patch:

Mission 1: Pretty much nothing changed as far as I remember, but I made it to the destination without bugging the quest region and finally saw the Scarlet rescue :3

Mission 2: Hard to believe, the Ensnare buff on Watchmen made the optional quest way too easy. I suggest a thing: make the Ensnare an unlockable skill learnt through research from the third mission... or make Valenara's ghost resistant to ensnares (making it last less longer) and/or make her immune to them after the first one for, like, 1.5/2 seconds.
Also, good job on the Unmined gold window and the "buffed" Goldmines. I suggest to increase the defense on the north Forsaken camp and on the East one. Quite too vulnerable, if you know what to do precisely.

Mission 3
: Finally completed this mission, it got bugged when I played it the last time and I couldn't continue with the storyline. Happy to see it fixed. Also, a couple of things I want to mention:
1) Stables still use 2 Mana to train Knights instead of 1 and, if you try to train Knights with only 1 mana, the unit doesn't evolve and the 1 mana point dissapears. Pretty weird, I don't know if I'm missing something or if someone already pointed that out.
2) Undead didn't attack villages. I'm... pretty sure something got messed up. I'm not sure what.

Mission 4: I haven't had problems in this map, I personally felt lost when the timer reached 0, I resisted until the end but it felt really weird... You could play a cutscene where it explains why reinforcements/supplies (can't remember what had to arrive) are late, some suggestions or a messenger that tells the cause of its late. Also, I really like defense maps, but my ally stopped moving his units and never helped me when my buildings were under attack (I placed them on the bottom side to slow the enemy down a bit). Pretty sure it's intended, not a big deal, but it felt kinda awkward, seeing 6 Priests right out of the Church. <w<

Mission 5: I actually rushed this map, not intentionally, but I felt like it was the right thing to do, too many enemies and not enough units to stand a chance against the Scourge. I really liked it though, probably my favourite on the whole campaign so far: I love the design you've put in this map, the fallen building, the effects used to create the magic walls, Landgren's devotion even in such a dangerous time... you've put a lot of effort in this one.

Secret mission: Still have to play it, need to replay the campaign on an harder difficulty (I'm a pu55y and played on normal :3)

Summary: As before, I love this campaign. It's probably one of the few campaigns that makes you want to play it again using different units and builds for Abbendis, and I will probably do it to unlock the Secret mission, which I don't know what should I do to unlock it, but I'll figure something out.
Also, I'm in love with the design of the last two maps: Ballistas on buildings that are actually as big as in real life (or sort of), fallen towers, house insides... Interludes that get better and better as long as you play... it looks and feels like a completely different game.
Also, I love the "replay" map that allows you to play all missions without replaying through all previous chapters... even though if it's bugged for me, I can't change units, can't unlock talents and select missions to play (which are the portals I guess, but, as the rest, I can't interact with them). Loving the presence of Cromie there though, nothing is missing here :D

Looking forward to Part 2 or another patch, I want to see this thing done and working and I'll pass by from time to time to read comments and announces! Best of luck to you Elf_Lord, keep up the good work!
Long live the Scarlet Onslaught!