• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Chaos (Grunt) Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am needing help with the Chaos (Grunt) ability and how to refer to the new created unit.

I had a trigger which casts a spell that gives the triggering unit the Chaos (Grunt) ability plus setting the abilities level to a certain level to change the unit/hero.

My question is, how do you refer back to the new created Chaos (Grunt) unit with triggers?

Example:

Trigger adds ability Chaos (Grunt) to triggering unit.

Create item for "Last created unit"

But as far as I know, you can't save the new unit from Chaos (Grunt) with a variable in order to refer back to it to give it items and such.

Level 2
The base ability is from Channel.

Once Channel is casted, it gives the casting unit the Chaos (Grunt) ability which changes the unit. I tried adding abilities to the changed unit, but had no luck.

Level 1 of Chaos (Grunt) is set to (/w Nothing) hero.

Level 2 of Chaos (Grunt) is set to (Vampire) hero.

So you can change in and out of the (/w Nothing) hero and (Vampire) hero.

• Test transform
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chaos Grunt Channel
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to /w Nothing (Male)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Chaos (Grunt) to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Chaos (Grunt) for (Triggering unit) to 2
          • Unit - Add Bloodlust to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Vampire
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Chaos (Grunt) to (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Chaos (Grunt) for (Triggering unit) to 1
              • Unit - Remove Bloodlust from (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions

What about if you use the morph ability?

I tried the morph ability method. I wasn't able to add abilities to the morphed unit through triggers.

What I basically need the ability to do is change the hero with another hero, that 2nd hero has new Hero and unit abilities than from the 1st hero. Also, the 2nd hero should be able to have abilities added to him through triggers from casting the transform spell.

Some methods I have already tried are: Creating a new unit and giving items, level, stats, etc to him from another unit. Replacing the unit and setting the level, stats, and giving items to him. I also already tried bear form or metamorphosis, didn't work either.

The only thing about giving someone items in a trigger is that, if you don't have items in slot 1, 2, and 3 but have items in 4, 5, and 6, when you create a new unit or replace the unit and give the new or replaced unit the items from the casting unit, the items from 4, 5, and 6 (Triggering Unit) go into the item slots of 1, 2, 3 (Last Replaced Unit) which would be an issue in the map.

If someone can solve the whole item arrangement mess that I can't seem to get down, I would be really grateful because that is the only thing that is wrong with creating a new unit or replacing that unit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.