• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

chaos aruas request!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i need help with 2 types of chaos aura:

1)any orc unit under the effect of the aura will turn into a fel orc. area effect increase by level.
i did it like that:

pick every unit in playable map area and do action
if picked unit has chaos aura equals to ture
and unit-type of picked unit equals to grunt then do
give picked unit chaos(grunt) ability
otherwise remove chaos(grunt) ability from picked unit

this was juz an example for grunt, 4 other orc units i would juz change the name nd ability in the field.
i hope u guys know the chaos(grunt) abilitiy i was talkin about, they r in the object editor. i've remove the tech tree requirement for chaos(grunt)etc...

this is not working.

2)another chaos aura is, give the units under the effect of the aura chaos damage. area effect increase by level
i havn't try dis one, can somone plz do it? :wink:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well the first one i think its very easy.

Events:
whatever

Conditions
whatever, but best not

Actions
If/Then/Else:
Unit has Specific Buff equal to True
Unit-Replace: Replace Unit with a Fel/Chaos Orc Grunt using the The new unit's max (Whatever)
Else: Play a sound or something like rages, whatever again :p

Im not sure of this... but try anyway.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yes, its impossible to make the second one. Still, if you want the units to receive damage under the aura just use Unholy Aura with negative values, but of course you can't submit it into the site cause it has no triggers (to make this, simply go to File/Preferences and click Allow negative real values in the Object Editor).

Level 4
thanx 4 all the comments especially the second one. tho itz a bit disappointing :( ...but if Daelin and Vex say itz impossible, it must b :wink:

nd also the event 4 first one, i tried map initialization nd none, they both didnt work. or do i hav 2 try 'for every # seconds of the game' somthing like that? as Daelin said?

and blade.dk2,rui, i've tried replace the unit, but it wont work. i think itz my problem with event.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Probably, an event is missing. I don't think it should ruin the trigger. Anyway i don't think that periodic time event works on that. It must be like

Events
Unit enters a Rect/Region (you must select the rect/region)

Conditions
Unit equal to Grunt/Kodo Beast/Raider, etc.

Actions
Unit-Replace: Replace (Entering Unit) with a Chaos Grunt/Chaos Kodo Beast/Chaos Raider, etc.

Note that this will need more than one trigger you will have to do a trigger for every orc unit, that will eventually become a chaos/fel orc unit.

Level 4
rui, ur trigger only turns an orc into a fel orc, but wat if the aura effect is gone? i want it to return to a normal orc.
i've already solve the replace orc problem, but now i face a new problem which is to switch the fel orc back to normal orc when he's not under the effect of the aura. :?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well i think its like this (im not sure through):

Events:
I think you will have to put somethin here, so that trigger will work

Conditions
whatever

Actions
If/Then/Else
If:Unit has Specific Buff (Chaos Aura) equal to false
Then: Replace unit with a Grunt (for example) using the new unit's max (whatever)
Else: whatever

Note that im not sure if this works, but if orcs under the effects of the aura turn into fel orcs this must be the way... I think... :roll:

Level 7
Backswitch prob:
Set the custom values of the units to 1 for example when you replace them first (do it after the replacement) and then pick every unit matching unit has buff 'your' equal to true and cstom value of unit equal to one. THat is at least one way wo check it.

And btw DON'T call me Blade.dk2 forget that 2 it's only there because this site is bugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.