• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Channel Spell Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello,

I'm concerned about why does the buffs I attached to my Channel Spells not appear after I cast it on my unit.
Duration is more than 0 seconds, but yet doesn't appear at all.

Thank you.

Level 7
Hehe, all Im trying to do is making a buff appear upon casting and it isn't working for me. I don't really care what stats the channel spell contains, as it will be all triggered up.

I'm just fed up with trying all sorts of things to make the buff appear.

Level 8
Ima say my World Editor is broken ~_~. It won't actually let me target a unit lmao.

So i will just say what i did. First, Since it is triggered you should base your skill of a ability like Blood Lust or something remove it affects change name and then make a custom buff based of the blood lust buff call it what you want. Then set the blood lust to last X seconds.

Then just use triggers to make the unit not move.

Level 7
I have another way which I'm doing but I just wanted to make things simpler if possible. Makes life much easier.
Thanks for your help anyways.

I'm still wondering whether Channel Buffs work or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.