• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] problem with spell "Channel"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i have an issue about spell called channel
problem is this spell cant add buff to units
in other spells you can directly change buff setting by (stats-buff ) (area effect) and (duration either hero and normal)
any other flag should i check for make buffs work?

Level 4
ive created the kinda mui spell based on "channel" because i figure out its the best spell for use in trigger but the matter is buffing this is not really necessary for some spells but in this one i decided to use buff effect to trigger a unit (you know change color or slow down speed) but there is no way to add buff via trigger
so what should i do about it?

Level 33
If it's meant for only a dummy buff similarly known as fake buff, you can use Unholy Frenzy as base ability for the dummy and change this part;
Data - Attack Speed Bonus (%): 0.00
Data - Damage Per Second: 0.00
Stats - Buff: Create your own custom buff at Buffs/Effects Tab
Stats - Duration - Hero: Duration of the buff on Hero
Stats - Duration - Normal: Duration of the buff on Normal
Stats - Mana Cost: 0
Techtree - Requirements: Delete it

There you have it, a dummy buff.
I usually use this kind of dummy buff when I'm creating a Damage Overtime spell where buff is created to the enemy unit so they can read the Buff Tooltips.

Status
Not open for further replies.