• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dynamic Channel Duration + Order Que Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have a unit who has an ability, which has no cool-down. It has an effect that will take an amount of time to occur, after which, it should stop channeling. Also, After it stops channeling, It should continue on to the next unit in the queue, as in, the shift cast queue.
The problem that it doesn't take exactly 1 or 4 seconds to finish, but it depends on the units fly height, which when it is channeling, it goes down, until it hits ground level, at which it should stop channeling and continue. Which would cause it to go back up. Since it starts at max fly height, the time it takes to get to ground level will be a constant 2 seconds, then it may have time to go up for .5 seconds, before it hits the next channel, which it should do for the .5 seconds required to land.
If i issue a stop order, the queue will be erased. Also, If i give it a channel duration of 0, it will not be able to finish. And if i pause the unit when it has no channel duration, then there s no way to interrupt the unit.

My question is how to make this ability have it's dynamic channel duration, without disrupting the queue?

Status
Not open for further replies.