• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

'Channel' Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I'm making this ability called 'Conjure Phantom'. What it does is 'haunt' an enemy unit with a phantom that does damage, and can be used for other things with other spells. Problem is, I can't get the ability to work quite right. When I cast the spell on a unit, the target effect is supposed to be a banshee, but unfortunately it only lasts for like 2 seconds then dissapears. Secondly, the status buff doesn't appear on the unit. Help?

EDIT: Scratch channel, it just isn't working for me. Instead, I need help to make this ability - what base should I use, etc.

Basically, what the ability does is summon a Phantom on the target. The Phantom deals damage per sec for X amount of seconds. Also, if (Other spell) is cast on (Haunted unit) another effect occurs. For example:

Hero casts Conjure Phantom on a unit. > Unit takes 12 damage per second for 8 seconds.
Hero casts Lifebane on the same unit, while it is still phantomed. > The hero steals 100 hp from the unit.
Hero casts Lifebane on a unit that has not been phantomed. > The hero only steals 50 hp from the unit.

You can kinda see what I'm getting at. Help much appreciated. Thanks.
-Z

Last edited:
Level 6
Well this isnt hard^^

Scratch Channel means i can skip the first part eh?

Also, first u need to use a spell with a buff. For this you can use any spell that comes in mind. As example Frenzy, use it as dummy ability that does nothing.
Then set the duration on 8 and the damage on 12, attack speed etc can be zero.

Now you can use Channel as Basic spell.

After that is done go into the trigger editor and create your spell.
Then set infront of the spell a if/then/else with:
If targeted unit has Freny = true
then: order caster to damage target for 100 damage.
set hitpoints of caster = hitpoints of caster + 100
else:
then: order caster to damage target for 50 damage.
set hitpoints of caster = hitpoints of caster + 50

Like this~
I made it without the editor so you should know how to make a triggered ability in first place.
Important is the if then else check for the buff!

Last edited:
Level 4
Thanks! Albeit I already knew how to add the lifesteal effect (I'm decent with GUI), I figured I might as well add that description to give an idea of the overall synergy behind the spell. Frenzy works like a charm, tyvm. +rep!

Status
Not open for further replies.