• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soul Steal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
how do i make soul steal in dota like lifedrain?

Description:

Creates a link to a target unit, transferring life away from you if cast on an ally and to you if cast on an enemy.

Level 1: tranfers 20 hp per second
Level 2: tranfers 40 hp per second
Level 3: tranfers 60 hp per second
Level 4: tranfers 80 hp per second

Notes

• Damage type: magical
• Not channeling.
• The link will end if the target is farther than 575 units away from Soul Keeper.
• If cast on an ally, there is a sub-ability that allows you to terminate the link.

Level 12
Are you just remaking dota, man?

All the stuff you ask about is from dota.

Anyway, personal digression aside, try the spell workshop in the request forum. I'm sure Def can probably do something for you.

Level 16
Moin moin =(

That's the problem nowadays isn't it. This spell sounds 100% like a dota spell, but in so many cases, I read "omg this is from dota", not just spells, even full maps. Someone creates a AOS map and some say "it's from dota" without even test it, same as spells. A spell looks like a dota spell for 20% and again "omg it's from dota" ..

@ blackgod2315: You don't should take a spell from another map and create it for you. I mean you can of course but I ask myself why? Where is the fun? To make an own spell is better, free your mind, play with your fantasy and create a good spell and not copy some spell from a map ( this is my opinion, but you can do what you want ^^ )

@ Vizel: You right, we got a request forum for it!

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 16
Moin moin =)

Hmm I think it's a spell created in vJass (vJass because of AddLightningEx but you can create it in GUI too with custom script then).

Just store the .caster and the .target. Next step I think is to create a lightning from both positions with AddLightningEx, store this lightning and move it between both points ( of the .caster and .target )
Now simply IF .target = Enemy: then drain from .target and give to caster ELSEIF .target = Ally: then drain from .caster and give to .target.

That's all ;)

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 33
This spell actually uses dummy unit I think ?
The green lightning effect is just an ANIMATION of the dummy ability
The dummy position/unit is updated once every 0.03 seconds
The transfer of HP by following trigger:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + DamageGather)
Where DamageGather is either Integer or Real variable that saves the damage dealt by the dummy, and then transferred to the Caster
well, this is my theory =D

Status
Not open for further replies.