• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing max HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Does health always stay the same percent, as in, it will go up if you increase max HP and go down if you decrease max HP?

Is it possible for a unit to die by lowering their max HP too much? What happens if it gets reduced to 0? What happens if they have 1 life left with 100 max life, then you lower their max life to 10 (if percent health is maintained, that would put them below the health where they die)?

I'm curious because I might mess around with some abilities and stuff.

Level 14
My best advice would be to give it a try and see what happens. Someone might know but I'm not sure. Feel free to share your findings too if you try it out

Level 13
From my own experience the unit does die. I had a bug with an item where it didn't give the hp when picked up but removed the hp when it dropped the item, killing it immediately. Luckily the unit was a hero... so when they respawned they didn't have a hp bar (so I'm guessing their hp was 0 or the lowest value before death)

Level 12
Thanks for the responses, everyone! I will have to consider this for some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.