• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing cliff level/height of doodads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This is sth. that has troubling me for a long time now...
In many maps, for example Iceborn, the creator does not use common terrain for walking, but instead places doodads/ground tiles as a walkable area. I guess you have to change the option 'make walkable' to 'true' to make that possible.
But, in case you want to change cliff level, for example create a sculpture out of different doodads at different heights, how do you do that ?
In a template map, I think it was called 'nexus' or sth, there was a dragon statue combined by different doodads. But if you drag parts of the statue, they will 'fall to the ground' and stay at the ground level. How can you change that height ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

You can raise or lower the z offset of doodads by ctrl+page down (lower) and ctrl+page up (raise).

Also go to Advanced in WE and uncheck Reset Fixed Object Heights or press Ctrl+Shift+H for the same result.

Thanks a lot!

Level 4
Hi Ardenian, err you may have to experiment with the 'Pathing maps' for custom doodads and such to allow things to go through each other; but to raise doodads (if iv understood correctly) you hold Ctrl & press either Page Up/Down to raise/lower the selected doodad.

Edit: Ah sry, I didn't see that it was already answered.

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hi Ardenian, err you may have to experiment with the 'Pathing maps' for custom doodads and such to allow things to go through each other; but to raise doodads (if iv understood correctly) you hold Ctrl & press either Page Up/Down to raise/lower the selected doodad.

Edit: Ah sry, I didn't see that it was already answered.

haha, no problem :)
oh yeah. I love to experiment ( no I don't...).

Invisible platforms or custom pathing maps.

You just have to change the Pathing - Pathing Texture (in Object Editor) of those objects to none in order to manipulate them freely.

So if I change pathing to none, then they will be walkable/don't block, alright. In case I want to make them walkable as ground, I have to use invisible platforms, okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.