• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing Attack Range in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to say besides download the example and check it out and a little bit of a tip I want to share which is in order to achieve the endgame of mapmaking is to know how to use every part of mapmaking in order to obtain what was impossible.

Attachments

• Range Changer Ingame.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yeah, I tested it out, but aside from not seeing projectiles, the immobilized issue makes this useful to me, like, once (i.e. a "roots the target & lets them attack at range"). Not sure...

oh danggggg. I was just wondering how you did it, what trigger nastiness you had concocted... But the TE is (basically) empty. It's all OE!! And of course, a ridiculous, wonderful work-around... I realized I never bothered to check the fields on that particular ability. Web! Whodathunk! It provides a field to manage the Webbed unit's Melee attack range; crazy that it can essentially give anyone (melee included) a ranged attack (at the cost of mobility)!

Granted, it's pretty limited in utility, but the best part is, the Buff-Stacking is a non-issue, as long as it is set to only target Ground (the original Web can only target Air, unlike Ensnare)! So this makes a great "turn a dude into a stationary ranged attacker for a minute". Add some certain SFX and you got yourself something siiiiick.

Thanks, man. Never would have thought to mess around with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.