• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Attack, Armor, and primary stat type method

Status
Not open for further replies.
:peasant-notify: download test
Might make it into a system later as the test sample is already automated. To try this out, select archmages only and type "o" without the quotes as the testmap isn't designed for faulty unit types aka not in the system yet. Shouldn't select more then 12 at a time as too much morphing at the same time causes a crash. Wait until the current selection tells you "donea" as an error with changing attack type can come up but the test system will eventually autofix it.

There are also secret references to other additions I have planned for later such as special locust which makes a unit targetable but not selectable(possibly remove from minimap and maybe more but I haven't encountered a problem yet.). Changing a single units texture and model without recreating or making a new unit is also planned for later. :peasant-work-work:

To further mention, ancients can be turned into normal units when uprooted thanks to a burrow/unburrow feature before uprooting them.
I'd also like to thank these individuals, Guhun , Zwiebelchen , leandrotp , HappyTauren , and Aniki for thinking/making over half of what the system present in this testmap was either based on or used because without them I would have been too lazy to do this myself and I also wasn't aware of Guhun's event method of crow form.

I'd like anyone to point out any crashes they encounter if they could unless they're trying to use this system on 13 or more units or the start result wasn't an archmage unit. Sorry for the mess in the trigger and object editors, currently just a show however I will likely share the system update when I get to it.

edit: reuploading testmap so reforged editors can at least testmap.
edit2: for people who wanna do it mostly manually then its
type p
use burrow/unburrow
esc keyx3
type fix - the bird form aka alternate unit is the used stats for changing attack type/range/etc
type re
type k - likely this step can be ignored as its armor testing with blank chaos.

before before.png
after after.png
download test

edit3: Hopefully I didn't leave too much of my salt or messes in there, not sure if I cleaned it up well enough so brace yourself if you go looking into my code. :peasant-popcorn:

edit4: Mapmakers on older patches, a tip where you can have instant turning/facing but you must remove the units Amov aka movement ability before and then after burrow/unburrow or some other morph or similar method that returns a units original Amov abilty. Can also add/remove attack range through the same method as changing attack types or use web/ensnare combined with melee attacks only but to have range for the second method you'd need a custom projectile system. I think it also has to be 128 or higher to visually show up otherwise the "MELEE" hogs it, been a while so I may be remembering that wrongly.

Attachments

• Lab Demo AtkArmStat Changer.w3x
    73.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Level 7
It's very interesting about morphs, but on heroes the stats are doubled with chaos, although by using a "book of power" item with the Phoenix Metamorphosis ability with the normal form blank, you can return the data to how it was. . . before (well that's what came out in my case, doing some testing, as well as being able to create the broken unit that generates a lot of patrol orders, just giving the unit a book of power with the raven shape ability)

It's very interesting about morphs, but on heroes the stats are doubled with chaos, although by using a "book of power" item with the Phoenix Metamorphosis ability with the normal form blank, you can return the data to how it was. . . before (well that's what came out in my case, doing some testing, as well as being able to create the broken unit that generates a lot of patrol orders, just giving the unit a book of power with the raven shape ability)
Have you tried setting the hero stats to 0 before applying chaos and returning the heroes stats after?

Level 7
Have you tried setting the hero stats to 0 before applying chaos and returning the heroes stats after?
Yep, there is only the case of Base Armor and Base Attack values that are duplicated by Chaos or another transformation with Stats at 0, using the phoenix metamorphosis I did not see this happen, I saw that it is restored to the previous values of the unit before apply a morph, it's a funny thing.

Yep, there is only the case of Base Armor and Base Attack values that are duplicated by Chaos or another transformation with Stats at 0, using the phoenix metamorphosis I did not see this happen, I saw that it is restored to the previous values of the unit before apply a morph, it's a funny thing.
Oh, you might be onto something... This works with a 100% rate? Even with trigger/item added armor/damage/stats?

Level 7
Oh, you might be onto something... This works with a 100% rate?
If it is 100% functional "nop", there may be game outs if that ability is manipulated incorrectly, so the most logical thing would be to use the spell of bear shape with the value of the Normal Unit blank and the value of the unit alternative. It would be that of a hero (if it is a hero), if it is a normal unit, (it would be a unit), the entire spell within a book of power, and the result is that the base attack value is restored, to the default value initial in the editor, but health, mana and armor do not change if they have been altered before by a transformation, but the doubling of attack data by Chaos when their transformation value is blank, if corrected ( I think is a way to correct this data duplication due to Chaos on heroes and normal units)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.