• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change height of amphibious movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
The height in which they travel over water is determined by the model. You would need to import a custom model with an edited swim animation so that the model is moved upward (which could actually be a bit tedious).

Why is Storm Crow not an option?

Actually I want the opposite. The unit needs to travel at the very bottom instead of the water surface. But I take the solution is the same?

For the Storm Crow trick I need to periodically check if a unit is in deep water or not and set the height accordingly. With slopes covered in water it will become an increasingly tedious task.

The swim animation would actually be an awesome solution, but I am not capable of animating yet.

If you want the unit to go lower in the ground, you'll definitely need to edit the swim animation. Try posting in the requests section. It could be a simple job for someone more experienced with it. :)

Well not exactly into the ground, just from the water surface to the bottom of the water. In any case I guess your right. I had really hoped there just were some value I could change. Like what is considered deep water. The MiscData.txt does not seem to help.

And for the animation. While it would be a really cool solution I can't use it at the moment because of the way my armor system works. I change unit models when a unit equips a new armor instead of using armor attachments. So a whole bunch of models would need to be remodelled.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.