• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing flying height for tilted units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey guys,

This may be a simple question, but does someone know, how to change flying height for tilted units?

I got a unit, that was tilted in object editor by -276°, movement type flying, default height 83, and I want to move it up to 250. Using movement type foot + crow form did not work either.

In game, the text indicator box of the tilted unit moves up, but the model stays the same.
The only thing, I changed, is that it is tilted by -276...

The original problem is, that I placed this unit above several pathing blockers with different height, so it cannot be done by different base heights in the oe.

Is there a trick, how you can move tilted units in the Z axis by triggers?

Thanks for any help! :)

Last edited:
Level 28
Sorry, but I truly don't understand what a tilted unit is! Can you give an example?

Back On-Topic. : Have you tried setting a unit heighter with trigger :
Animation - Set unit heighter to ...

One last thing, did you set collision to off?

Level 14
Lol guys, are you joking? o_O

Anyway, to make things clear, check out that picture. There you see a unit model tipped over by around 90° (-276 in the object editor).

There is no way, I can make this unit change its fly height upwards in game. If I use that SetUnitFlyHeight() function, you mentioned, only the box above the unit moves up.

The only way to set the Z of these tipped or tilted or whatsoever units, is to change their base minimum height in object editor somehow.

One last thing, did you set collision to off?
I tried it, and it does not work either.

Attachments

• DoesNotWantToFlyUp.jpg
    DoesNotWantToFlyUp.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 126
  • OnlyBoxMoves.jpg
    OnlyBoxMoves.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 177
Level 28
If it's a doodad I know how to increase the heighter
Hold Ctrl + Up or something,
Wait I'm searching in the Tutorials, lol

Edit :
Changing doodads height
CTRL + PgUp for moving the doodad Up.
CTRL + PgDn for moving the doodad Down.
NOTE: this is very useful for placing bridges correctly.

Last edited:
Level 14
Not to mention that unit is already a flying unit. (There's no need for Crow Form)
You think? ;)

I solved the problem now. I set down Move Speed to 0 by accident, but as we all know, it has to be at least 1, so you can set the fly height.

Thanks for answering to this, guys. This is solved. Sry for this useless thread (if a mod reads this, you may want to delete this thread, if you find it useless as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.