• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Flying height of a dummy won't change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello! I have a minor issue here. I have my dummy unit and i want to set it's height to 400 trough a trigger. In the object editor, it has movement type set to none and default flying height to 0. In my trigger, i create the dummy, add Crow Form to it (so that it's movement type is now "fly") and then i set the height to 400 with 10000 rate. Nothing happens, though...
Then i tried to set the movement type to fly in the object editor, yet still nothing happened. However, if i set the flying height to the desired amount in the object editor, it works. But i need to set this in the triggers because for some purposes i need it with 0 flying height, in some with 100, in other with more and so on...
I also think that having two exactly same units only just with different heights is stupid while having a trigger action for this.

Basically, my question is why the height doesn't change. I'll give +rep

Level 14
Well, i basically do what i say. :D
  • Teleporter back Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Effect dummy for (Owner of Unit) at Location facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set (Last created unit) movement speed to 160.00
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Last created unit)
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 400.00 at 1000000.00
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\DispelMagic\DispelMagicTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
I have also found that if the movement speed (in the object editor) is 0, it won't work. If it's 1 or more, it works. At this point i thought i solved my problem but when i set the movement speed to 0 in the object editor, set it to a greater value in the trigger and do the rest of the stuff, nothing happens. It still has 0 height...

Level 12
Well, i basically do what i say. :D
  • Teleporter back Copy
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Effect dummy for (Owner of Unit) at Location facing Default building facing degrees
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 400.00 at 1000000.00
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\DispelMagic\DispelMagicTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
I have also found that if the movement speed (in the object editor) is 0, it won't work. If it's 1 or more, it works. At this point i thought i solved my problem but when i set the movement speed to 0 in the object editor, set it to a greater value in the trigger and do the rest of the stuff, nothing happens. It still has 0 height...

wouldn't it be a very longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time to reach the height with 1000000000000000 ?

Level 14
wouldn't it be a very longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time to reach the height with 1000000000000000 ?
This is the rate of the ascend... having it bigger equals less time to reach the height. This doesn't determine the time a certain height is reached, i think it determines how much units the flying unit ascends for a certain period of time.
However, i tried with 0 rate too and still nothing happened.

Level 18
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Last created unit)
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 400.00 at 0.00
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Doom\DoomDeath.mdl

Level 33
First, you should know there are 2 types of dummy;
1. Caster
2. Visual

Now, in this case, your dummy is Visual one, right ?

Here's a test map to show a full spec for Visual Dummy.

And you should know the formula for this Flying Height, right ?
It's Speed = Distance / Time;
Speed = Rate
Distance = Height
Time = Distance / Speed

NOTE: It is not advisible to modify dummy unit's movement speed via trigger, it should be pre-set done in Object Editor.

Attachments

• Visual Dummy.w3x
    12.9 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.