• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change blight minimap color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I've found a way to change blight minimap color with local files, which is editing the FogColorBlightMask value in UI\MiscData.txt. The problem with this, however, is that it will only work with single-player, as trying to play battle.net games with local files enabled causes a crash immediately after loading screen. I'm not a war3 wizard quite yet though, so I was wondering if anyone here knows how to extrapolate this knowledge to provide a way to get this functionality to work in a map-by-map basis? I have, of course, tried importing the MiscData.txt to my map (with the path UI\MiscData.txt), but that didn't actually do anything. If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: it would appear that customizing miscdata.txt does not actually cause a crash, but I still want it to be map-wide and only for this map

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.