• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editor Creep Camps no longer work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Regardless of if the checkbox is checked or not. I recall someone having this issue before, but I don't know if it was solved. It may have something to do with Local Files or missing DLLs, it seems, because it was working just fine until I restarted my Editor to do a quick limit break by using a UI/MiscData.txt file, and I turned on Local Files for that. My Editor then crashed, so I moved out files that weren't necessary in my WC3 directory until it started up again. Once I made my changes, closed it, moved all the files back, and turned off Local Files the creep camp icons were gone and I haven't been able to get them back.

Last edited:
Just reinstall everything. The w3x file should be fine. If after reinstall there is still an issue then maybe we should look into it. But, if this happened after a crash and it may have involved some local files, it seems the logical thing to do is to restore default files and see if that doesn't fix it. Also, this is just happening in the editor correct?

Level 14
I was the once who was experiencing this issue, and I actually found a solution myself. Reinstalling the game won't usually help since it doesn't delete all the files. What you need to do is download the custom misc.ini from the terraining forum, and replace the one you have with the one from here.

Fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.