• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] MiscData & Steep cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've been trying to make steep cliff using a custom MiscData.txt, I've been through a lot thread and still can't manage to make it work on latest version 1.32.3

I Added the MiscData.txt in a newly created UI folder in my local wc3 installation folder
https://i.gyazo.com/3b27f0e8809259f5d05c5d5be8d126b6.png

I Imported the MiscData.txt in my map
https://i.gyazo.com/69f874a68e1a6c5737143e3665613086.jpg

I still end up with cliff being made like in the second picture, I thought that it could be made more "straight", or "steep" as it is said on the thread I saw using the MiscData.txt.

The MaxSlope field is set to 87 in the MiscData.txt

If you have any clue for investigation, I opened the CASC storage after adding the file in my wc3 installation folder, then opened the miscData.txt extracted, MaxSlope was set to 50, dunno if it's normal.

Eye

Eye

Level 2
I think you misunderstood the threads you went through. The "MaxSlope" parameter has nothing to do with cliffs.

I think you misunderstood the threads you went through. The "MaxSlope" parameter has nothing to do with cliffs.
He wants to raise terrain to imitate steep cliffs, not manipulate the actual Blizzard cliffs.

Follow the steps outlined here to allow local files in your registry.

Eye

Eye

Level 2
He wants to raise terrain to imitate steep cliffs, not manipulate the actual Blizzard cliffs.

Follow the steps outlined here to allow local files in your registry.

I thought that as well, but his second screenshot displays the cliffs for some reason and everything seems all right with his registry settings.

I thought that as well, but his second screenshot displays the cliffs for some reason and everything seems all right with his registry settings.
I assume he just doesn't know that the steep "cliffs" aren't actually cliffs in that sense. Also he didn't mention anything about the registry, which is why I mentioned it since it's a required thing.

@Jaccouille Just for clarification; The cliffs you are seeking aren't made with actual cliffs, they are made by raising/lowering terrain, and then using the plateau brush.

You will get steep walls that you can cover in doodads. Just remember to place pathing blockers, or else the cliffs will be walkable; Screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.