• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MiscData.txt (Steep Cliffs) & Patch 1.32.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've looked through every thread on it and it just doesn't seem to want to work.

What I suspect is the problem is that the registry changed so the Warcraft III folder just doesn't exist anymore. There's the W3 folder in the launch options but that has yielded no results for me. The only way I can make the steep cliffs work is to load up maps that already have the steep cliffs enabled by its creator and then it works but only on that map. If I make a new one; it just doesn't work.

A run down of what I've tried is that I downloaded a MiscData.txt from one of the reliable tutorials, unblocked it in it's properties as well put it in a folder named UI in the same directory as the launcher, I went and put in an "Allow Local Files" set to 1 in both the W3 registry and that of the world editor's.

I had no trouble with any of this just a week ago before I went and made a fresh install.

regedit_2021-09-18_20-42-03.png
explorer_2021-09-18_20-47-06.png

Level 13
I hope someone can help you out. It'd be a shame if you couldn't generate maps with steep cliffs anymore

You have to place the UI folder into _retail_

Last edited:
Level 2
You have to place the UI folder into _retail_
I've tried that too and it still doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.