• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] MiscData.txt (Steep Cliffs) And Patch 1.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So, I've been away from Warcraft III for a while, but recently got some free time and wanted to take another swing at it.

From what I've seen, we've moved from mpq to CASC. Which seems to be the cause of the problem.

In short, I tried downloading MiscData.txt, and throwing it in a newly created folder titled UI. It changed nothing, and I was still dealing with slopes when using the "Raise Terrain" and "Plateau" Tools.

I tried Googling the answer, and saw someone suggest tossing the UI folder in a War3.mpq folder. I didn't have a folder titled that (And after looking around, I didn't have any mpqs, either). I tried making one simply so I could get the file path right, but that did nothing as well.

So given this, how exactly do I get the MiscData.txt file to work? Barring that, is there any way to get steep cliffs in this new patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.