• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Challenge Section - Q and A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Maybe. But it's stupid if we all make own topic about our campaign.

It's a good thing, at least in my opinion. Then we see how people react to our campaign and we will see how much people are interested.

I understand that you are trying to lure more people to in challenge thread and trying to make it more active. However, that's just one way. There's another way: people can comment freely to challenges.

Also, because we have special challenge from other(longer time, campaign, etc.). I really like to have some feedback from there. It's just stupid and waste of time to put my pictures and discuss to 2 different place.

If this is going to continue, our thread will die soon. No one will post there and this is not what I wanted. I wanted feedback, discussion, opinions and suggestions. I know that I can have those things making thread to map development but there's so much other discussion, other projects. Also if we all four competitioners do own thread it also lowers the discussion about our campaings.

You claim you want feedback and discussion so badly, but you cant be bothered to create one thread? How badly you want the feedback? It looks like not that badly, since you think creating a single thread is too much.

So again, I know it is not hard, just let people to talk freely in our campaign challenge, you don't need to do it other challenges(unless they want?).

You are asking for special treatment. You must understand that's never going to happen? Either the rules change for everybody, or to nobody.

Please don't think I'm conceited or whiner

Too late... :p

Level 37
Mini-Me said:
You claim you want feedback and discussion so badly, but you cant be bothered to create one thread?
I once created a thread for my game Mystery Of Friza. I got only TWO post for it. I was so bewildered that I have never made a topic about my games anymore.

Mini-Me said:
It looks like not that badly, since you think creating a single thread is too much.
It would be much easier, if people will post about our campaigns to only one thread.

Mini-Me said:
You are asking for special treatment.
The challenge is also special.

Mini-Me said:
You must understand that's never going to happen?
It is always better to ask than be silence.

Mini-Me said:
Either the rules change for everybody, or to nobody.
This rule have been just made. So I think it also can be changed. This is the first time when this rule is active when new challenge have been created. I also don't want to change just. I just want to people to discuss about the case in our challenge.

Mini-Me said:
Too late... :p
Put your tongue in your mouth. (Just joking!)

Last edited:
I once created a thread for my game Mystery Of Friza. I got only TWO post for it. I was so bewildered that I have never made a topic about my games anymore.

The map development forum always gets lots of new threads. Anything which is not immediately eye-catching gets put aside and ignored.

Level 37
Pyritie said:
The map development forum always gets lots of new threads. Anything which is not immediately eye-catching gets put aside and ignored.
That's what I'm fearing will happen to our campaigns. Once we made this great challenge we want to have it in one place so we can easier discuss about our campaigns. If this is going to be like this, soon here's five different topic about our campaign and it will lot harder to discuss.

Also we won't get the notice that I was thinking. This is my final project, I do not want people think that this is just "another Aeroblyctos' Map".

Level 3
this is just "another Aeroblyctos' Map"
:p
hehe
Well, I guess that discussing it in HERE is useless, I think we (aero,kita,pa3opx2, and me) need to go to the mods and ...
hmm...
and...
well... you got the point...
Indeed this is a special thing (hehe, Finland ws Serbia :p) and not only in map creating but in CAMP creating, that's why aero does insist on it soo much... well I insist too...

And btw here you will see the best anti-pc trigger ever :p (will make your pc collapse soon ! hehe)

Level 3
Talking in the Challenge Thread

I agree with aeroblyctos ( is that how you spell it?) as i think we should be able to reply. I think your maps are looking good espically aero's. I think if we could reply it would make it more interesting with ideas and comments

Spammy

Level 37
Spammy said:
is that how you spell it?
It's "Aeroblyctos" :p

Spammy said:
i think we should be able to reply
Thanks for supporting.

Spammy said:
I think if we could reply it would make it more interesting with ideas and comments
That's 100% correct. Can you moderators please let people to comment about our challenge? You don't need to let people comment about other challenges just for us! Thanks.

I have been gaining posts almost everyday about my campaign. People want to know different kind of things. It would be lot easier to answer same to all of them in the campaign topic also.

Level 34
Yes, you can pick anyone to challenge, but they must accept it of course.

Direct Terms?

Level 34
Not sure I follow. Whoever is challenged must accept for the contest to start. If you challenge more than one person, but only one accepts, you would face just them.

Level 34
Edited, thanks Silvernon. Not sure why it said Admin Contact, it should be submissions thread. Perhaps it changed over time and no one noticed that.

Level 17
This new system just seems like alot of hassle >.< meaning instead of starting competitions instantly when you have the contester it takes alot more time. Kinda inefficiant i think. Be nicer if when you make a contest in the submission bit that people could join then. So that the competition could have a set date and everything ready to do before it gets approved.

Also how come the contest forumn is so empty D: Its kinda saddening.

Level 17
Do players lose rep during the challenge if they have to quit due to a real life incident (depending on severity)?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
So, does the loser still get reputation points detracted or not? If not, then where's the adrenaline in the challenge and what makes it that different from a contest?
I believe they still do, but even if they don't... Ah dannae, I get plenty of adrenaline in a Contest. Having the option to do a "personal mini-Contest" with just you & a worthy opponent is nice enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.