• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cataclysm AoS v1.17

An AoS-Style map based on the World of Warcraft Universe.

Fight in yet another epic battle between the forces of Azeroth in a struggle for the worlds diminishing resources. Fight as the Horde, or the Alliance in a team-based and co-operative assault against the opposing team.

This is an early release of the map so there's much to be updated, however, it's fully playable in it's current state and makes for an interesting play online :)

- Hero balancing
- Fixed broken tooltips
- Fixed pathing bugs

- Buffed up some of the melee heroes
- New Merchants
- Made room for high-res Gilneas skin
- New middle-class Items

- Hero balancing
- Terrain Updates
- New Skins
- New Worgen Curse Event
- New Items

- Hero balancing (Buffed up melee heroes a little)
- New Custom Death Coil ability to replace the old.
- Unit balancing
- New Minimap and icons

- Fixed an urgent bug with the Fire Nova ability
- Fixed a broken model for the Horde Hunter
- Unit balancing

- Nerfed Shaman Class
- New Items
- Changed location of dwarf event
- New Skills
- Unit Balancing
- Assist Count Update
- Outpost Guardians now get crit hit towards the end of the game

- New Shaman Class
- New Items
- Extra loot from bosses
- Boss loot now goes to the killing player
- Deathwing final event
- New Skills
- Unit Balancing
- Assist Count on the leader-board (in-progress)
- New Skins / Models
- Terrain Updates

- New Hunter Ultimate
- New Items
- Random loot-drop for bosses
- New Models / Skins
- Skill Balancing
- New Skills

- Unit Balancing
- New loading screen
- Leaderboard size/style Adjustments
- Terrain Updates
- New Preview Pic
- New Skins and models
- Hero ability balancing
- Renamed to "Cataclysm AoS"

- Unit Balancing
- New faction spell-caster abilities
- Icons on the leaderboard
- Heroes now spawn with 50% mana
- Added new information to the quest dialog
- Terrain Updates
- Smaller file-size
- New high-res loading screen

- New Hero Classes (Warrior and Rogue)
- Unit Balancing
- Path Fixes
- New Spells
- Bug Fixes
- Added new information to the quest dialog

- Unit/Game Balancing
- New Event
- Bug Fixes
- Leak Fixes
- New Items
- New Spells

- Unit Balancing
- Player names now show colours in game messages
- Bug fixes
- Reduced health of town halls
- New unit models

- Nerfed tower HP and damage
- Nerfed event units so they make less of an impact on the game
- Items give higher stat increases
- Pathing fixes
- Added a "Death" counter to the leaderboard
- Reduced basic item and unit upgrade costs

Models
- apaka
- levigeorge1617
- General Frank
- Vermillion Edict
- JokeMaster
- Sellenisko

Skins
- Cycloverid
- Darkholme
- zadelim

Icons
- Darkfang
- Blizzard Entertainment
- -Berz-
- bigapple90
- viiva
- NFWar

logo.png

Please Note: I am a firm believer in open-source maps. Therefore, all my projects are free to download and open in the editor.

Tags: Cataclysm AoS Map CloudWolf

Keywords:
Cataclysm, World of Warcraft, World, Of, Warcraft, AoS, DotA, battle, fight, control, capture, tower, pvp
Contents

Cataclysm AoS v1.17 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2011/Nov/12 17:22:36 Reasons: Other: Comment: Re-moderating with reviews and rating! Raven0: 4.2/5 -> 4/5 - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1755516-post175.html VGsatomi: 5/5 -...
Level 2
4/5
[+]: Fun
[+]: Immersive
[+]: Good Terrain
[+]: Good Events
[-] There we're few models that i didin't like at all, i got few examples: Lich King.. the model is the same as death knight.. you got to be kidding me.. & Deathwing model is just too small..

Overall: Fun.. Immersive.. I <3 the terrain.. dedicated events.. just great! nice work. :thumbs_up:

Level 5
Ah, this map is a lot like DotA. But you you got good terrain, cliffs, and customized abilities that look pretty neat. I would say to increase the variety of heroes though, there aren't too many. As well as the items, be more creative then just giving simple stats. Make some of them pop a trigger, or grant an ability you know, something along those lines. But with a little bit of more improvement, this map could be better then DotA.

Level 6
Exactly, every one talk about DotA like maps just because is a AoS map type ... But in deed this Cataclysm has more fun than DotA with the events and the awesome terrain is one of things that DotA need.
Cataclysm can be better than DotA, but need more heroes (to early for it, actually still in beta).

Level 2
is there AI if there none pls put cause when i hose this map nobody joins only my brother joins pls put AI

Level 22
AI is kinda difficult to add. If you haven't triggered on your own let me tell you this: AI isn't as easy as it seems to be triggered. Y'all sayin' "add AI plzz". Well you know what, add it yourself.

Especially with such awesome terrain, the AI need to take care about the surroundings making it even more difficult to add. I wouldn't do it.

Level 30
New version already released, but it seem like fatal error problems still didn't fix it.

You'll have to forgive me, I haven't really read every post in this thread. I've had a quick look at your original post :)

So we're talking about after Deathwing appears right? As far as I'm aware, you seem to be the only one experiencing the bug at the moment. Either way, I'll definitely look into it for you :p

Is there any particular action that causes the game to crash? E.g. while Deathwing is still alive, or after he dies? or is it simply a few minutes after the event starts? :p

Level 5
I think it's not about deathwing only there must be some function to make that fatal error after deathwing appear and fatal error still didn't pop up yet.

After we were going to kill it while we're attacking and some fatal pop up maybe somehero makes something related to deathwing event and it's pop up fatal error.

I was playing it 4 times and it seem like the fatal error always pop up after deathwing event. It had happened not only me , everyone in my room also cause this fatal and they dropped out too.

I wish i could save a replay but it couldn't.

Level 1
BUG:
-Some place in the map, player can go thru the moutain and go to sea ... (Not have Block in that place) - Just use your wisp (spirit) and click the destination in the map and you will see, him can go thru some place and enter the map (or just clicking some place in the minimap and your hero will go out the islane).
-You can kill the stupid Ogre in Shop on Bottom :D.
- Hunter pet in Horde named "Alliance pet" <-- wth ???
- Cant see the face/avatar of Alliance Royal Guard, Horde Archer and Dwarf boss (Dwarf Event).
- The big Tower re-HP when Hero deny?
example: Horde attack Tower flag and it only have 1 HP left, then some random guy or hero of Alliance coming out and "Deny"... the tower reborn with Full HP and of cause, it still undercontrol of Alliance :D.

SUGGEST: Here is my suggest for your class system and race. For more realistic and like the WoW. 10 class for 2 team,6 race each team. So ... CWStudio, you should add a fully Classes and Races for most realistic game. Now when the game is on, Player will choose they character (class), now what I need is, each class is 1 of the race:
+ Warrior char:
- Alliance: Human
- Horde: Orc
+ Paladin char:
- Alliance: Draenei
- Horde: Tauren
+ Hunter char:
- Alliance: Night Elf
- Horde: Undead (Forsaken)
+ Rogue char:
- Alliance: Worgen
- Horde: Goblin
+ Priets char:
- Alliance: Gnome
- Horde: Goblin
+ Death Knight char:
- Alliance: Human
- Horde: Orc
+ Shaman char:
- Alliance: Dwarf
- Horde: Troll
+ Mage char:
- Alliance: Draenei
- Horde: Blood Elf
+ Warlock char:
- Alliance: Dwarf
- Horde: Troll
+ Duid char:
- Alliance: Worgen
- Horde: Tauren
--------------------------------------
- I see the "Death Wing" model is totally ugly for me and his totally weak! Why the DW dont move any where in the map? it could be cool when his flying around, kill creeps and so randomly... his killed you :D !
- The "Lich King" model same as Horde Death Knight ?
- More Event !
- Creep are too powerful ... I liked it :D. Hard to kill, hard to deny... lol !

That's all thing in my head right now... see you later with more suggest and bugs :D

P/S: I wish some day, this map could be same as DotA right now !

Level 16
A good map. Those interested in playing a more Warcraft based AoS should look into this as the random events are good, hero selection is fine, terrain is not bad, and scripting works well.

Level 4
very entertaining! But i have to agree with some people. Some of the ultimates arent very... ultimate. Like the hunter. Maybe its current ultimate should be a normal ability that can be upgraded, trade it out with one of the passives, and give it a more ultimate attack, however, 5/5!

Level 28
First playthrough (single player), this is what I have to say:

Good terrain.

The Tower Guardians don't turn to face whoever they're attacking. And since they're going to change owners quite a few times, maybe you could use a more neutral model, like a bandit?

Problem with the Ironfist dwarves: It is possible for some melee units (the hunter's wolf, in my case) to attack the dwarves despite the barricade, without the melee dwarves being able to respond. Furthermore, you can pick up the commander's item even if the barricade is still there.

It should be "The Horde/Alliance has captured a Control Point".

Deathwing looks a bit small for an endboss.

But other than that, this is a really good map. But how do you get to those buildings in the southeast corner?

Level 10
Hehe jsut a little something I noticed:

9.png

Also, you should make every class. :D

And another suggestion, Mix up the new race combos. For example: (Horde) Orc Mage, Blood Elf Warrior, Goblin Rogue (very popular), etc :)

Level 6
The map is great but needs some changes. First off, most of the spells you have aren't in WoW or don't work right - that should be fixed. Also, there isn't much variety in the items you can buy in the shops, but I know you're going to be adding more of those in the future.

Keep up the updates.

Level 6
hmm I'm thinking ... what about if any class may buy skills from a trainer, like in WoW ...
Example: Player pick a warrior (with a basic skill like all warriors horde or allies). When gain level 2 hi can buy one of warriors skills in his faction trainer like: Harmstring, Stances, charge, etc.
With tath system we will have more variability between classes, even may pick more than one of the same classes with different skills to combine in battle (more strategic)

Level 6
Is a open source, yes! ... but the impruvements uploads must be in this post forum? or we need to create a new one?

Level 6
Wa666r using NewGen and WEnlimited, or the happytauren MiscData.txt ...
Please someone is working in this open source, making new classes, items and events???

Level 6
Thanks for the answer. I think that people who are interest in make some progress should work together in a unique idea. I can't do jass triger, but can support some ideas for the ones who can make custom jass spells or something.

Level 6
I'm thinking that in town will be nice if you can buy some items with honor.
Normal Items (town): Cost gold.
Regular/medium items (town): Cost honor.
Set Items (events): Granted on events.
Major Items (Center shop): Cost Gold and Honor.
Unique/special Items (instance): Granted in coming instances or special events like lich king and Deathwing.
And wath about if make some new event called: City Raid ...
City Raid: Aliance and horde now have to protect a Commander of his faction. The event end if one of the commander die. The winners grant a buff (can be more armor, damage, or something) but the for the murdered commander a bold wave of angry creeps come out to kill the enemy alive commander... if the incoming wave is stoped, then, the surviving commander live the event and players grant gold and honor (the event buff now desapear).
There are just ideas for free.

Level 6
You guys, some one has being doing updates on this map? or no one will continue this nice job? ... I've saw many ideas, but many month without any updates :(

xFx

xFx

Level 2
i want give a help here,

i detected 1 problem whit a hotkey.

"resurrection ability", hotkey "T" dont work for learn or use.

sugestions:
some custom trees, sould be be more tiny for better visibility in the map.

the map is beautiful and original, his heroes very good. but could have 2 or 4 additional heroes.

i give 5 points.

Level 4
Suggestions:

Need Scroll of TP (Or Hearthstone for better WoW connection)

Item Recipes (Maybe build up to the Goblin Merchant items at the middle of the map using early game items?)

Triggered Spells, the potential for this game is great, but regular spells make it boring and typical.

10 Classes, wanted to play a Shadow Priest. And that's it, increase the passive health and dmg. of heroes too, they are way too UP compared to creeps...